- Why So Vulnerable? // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p9
Examines why adolescence increase vulnerability to HIV/AIDS.
- Reaching Out. // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p24
Reports that addressing the HIV/AIDS epidemic among young people requires reaching not only youth themselves but also others who influence their lives.
- Addressing the Epidemic. // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p15
Reports that in several developing countries declines in the prevalence of HIV/AIDS among young people, accompanied by clear signs of individual behavior change, give hope of eventually curbing the epidemic.
- PERCEPÃ‡ÃƒO E SENTIMENTO DO ADOLESCENTE PORTADOR DE HIV/AIDS: REVISÃƒO INTEGRATIVA. de Almeida Neves, Carolina Vasconcelos; de Araújo, Ednaldo Cavalcante; Carvalho, Karenina Elice Guimarães; da Silva, Ana Luzia Medeiros Araujo; de Vasconcelos, Eliane Maria Ribeiro; da Silva Bezerra, Simone Maria Muniz // Revista de Pesquisa: Cuidado e Fundamental;oct2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p2412
Objective: To identify scientific evidence about the perceptions and feelings of adolescents with HIV/AIDS. Method: This is an integrative review study whose search data was held in the databases: PubMed, SCOPUS, LILACS, ADOLEC using the keywords "behavior", "HIV/AIDS + adolescent," "perception...
- Young People -- Discounting Their Futures. // Infectious Disease Alert;Mar2009, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p36
The article discusses research being done on human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) among young African American men who have sex with men in Jackson, Mississippi from 2006 to 2008. It references a study published in the 2009 issue of the "Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report." A survey of risk...
- TITLE OF ARTICLE: THE NEEDS OF ADOLESCENTS IN HOUSEHOLDS INFECTED WITH OR AFFECTED BY HIV AND AIDS. Olivier, Me Korita; Strydom, Herman // Bridges / Tiltai;2010, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p65
This article focuses on the needs of adolescents who are infected with or affected by HIV and AIDS. When the parents of adolescents are either infected with or affected by HIV and AIDS, the children experience specific needs. In this article the various basic and developmental needs of...
- Rising teen HIV rate spurs concerns. Hodges, Quincy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/14/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p17
The article reports on the increase in the number of teenagers in Michigan who are becoming infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) according to a report for World AIDS Day released by the Department of Community Health.
- The MYSTERY of HIV/AIDS. // Current Health 1;Nov2003, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p26
Presents information on HIV/AIDS.
- AIDS costs in Trinidad and Tobago. Henry, Ralph; Newton, Elizabeth // Studies in Comparative International Development;Winter95, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p68
Studies the emergence of human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) in Trinidad and Tobago. Increase in HIV/AIDS cases from 1983 to 1992; Effects of the cost of the disease to on the economy; projected increase in HIV/AIDS cases.