Pacific Century Trimming From the Top in Pay Cuts
- Hawaii's biggest bank to chop 550 workers and 25 branches. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;2/19/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the plans of the Pacific Century Financial Corporation, Hawaii's largest bank, to reduce its workforce and close some of its branches. Percentage that the workforce will be reduced by; Number of branches slated to be closed; Reasons for the action of the company; What the company...
- Pacific Century Has 10% Dip; Sales Cited . Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;10/23/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 203, p23
Reports the net income of Pacific Century Financial Corp. in the United States. Acquisition of these income from sold and divested businesses; Assets of the company; Implications on the restructuring program of the company.
- ONLINE FORUM. // Employee Benefits;Jan2011, p15
The article presents insights from readers on the decline of the donation from employees to a payroll giving scheme in Great Britain.
- Payroll deduction plans add benefits. Gallagher, William P. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;1/31/94, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the alternatives to traditional payroll deduction plans in the United States. Automobile, homeowners and supplemental life insurance plans; Flexibility offered by the plans to employers; Benefits on employees.
- Calling to collect. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Feb1998, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p36
Provides information on the problems created by unauthorized deductions from bills by corporate customers. Detailed information on these deductions; Comments from R. Clive McInnes, vice president, CHI/COR Information Management Incorporated; Information on the situation beginning in 1970;...
- The unkindest cut. Kennedy, Marilyn Moats // Across the Board;Jun96, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p53
Advises on how to handle informing employees about pay reduction. Treatment; Planning; Anticipation of responses.
- Payroll deductions. Cowans, Deborah Shalowi // Business Insurance;12/01/97, Vol. 31 Issue 49, p56
Focuses on a payroll deduction plan, which allows employees to deduct as little as $25 per pay period for personal investment. Information on the product being available from CIGNA Financial Services; How payroll deductions can be invested; Name of the program; Contact information.
- Employment taxes update. // Accountancy;Dec2006, Vol. 138 Issue 1360, p94
The article reports that Great Britain's Revenue & Custom service is contacting employers in 2006 and requesting fulfillment of the Pay As You Earn (PAYE)payroll deductions at dates earlier than usual. The scheme is part of an effort to make businesses make the payments in a timely manner....
- Find Another Way. // Mortgage Servicing News;Feb2012, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
The author reflects on the issue concerning the payroll tax reduction extension in the U.S.