The finest face
- New Technology, New Workflows, New Ways to Collaborate. Huwe, Terence K. // Computers in Libraries;Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses the importance for librarians to have a strategy to monitor what is coming their way and anticipate what their users will expect as part of their new normal technology interaction. It notes how cloud-based services had made it possible for librarians to respond to the...
- Change in British industrial cities recorded. // Information World Review;5/1/2013, p1
The article reports on release of 1,700 historical sources for learning and teaching on how life changed in British industrial cities in second half of 20th century, by University of Leicester-led project Manufacturing Pasts, funded by public body Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC).
- Copyright basics explained on CLA website. // Information World Review;5/13/2013, p1
The article reports that a Website has been set up by the Copyright Licensing Agency (CLA), designed to discuss the basic of copyright to the further education (FE) sector, as CLA provides them with access to resources and licenses FE institutions on behalf of copyright owners, to copy.
- Lessons in Cyberspace. DELCOLLE, JEANNE // Education Next;Fall2013, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p82
The article discusses the use of the Internet as a resource for teachers both for the information available and for opportunities to connect with each other. Educators use virtual learning network to collaborate, while social networking sites provide a forum to discuss all things education. The...
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE. Joseph, Linda C. // Multimedia Schools;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p36
Recommends several Web-related tools for teachers. Message board system called eBoard; Online service called CoolText; Features of Internet tutorial dubbed webTeacher.
- Vimeo: YouTube's Better-Looking Little Brother. O'LEARY, MICK // Information Today;Nov2013, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p20
The article reviews the Vimeo Internet video website that provides a social media platform for filmmakers.
- Serving the Under-10 Set. McCaffrey, Meg // School Library Journal;Apr2003, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p34
Reviews DartClix 4 Kids, a monthly subscription service that offers librarians electronic records of recommended Web sites for students in grades K-5. Features of the online service; Number of records that subscribers receive; Adherence of all Web site records to current AACRII cataloging...
- JISC names change maestro. // Information World Review;Nov/Dec2011, Issue 268, p01
The article announces that Martyn Harrow, director of information services at Cardiff University, has been appointed head of the Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC), from 1 February 2012.
- Library Uses for User-Generated Content. Tomaiuolo, Nicholas G. // Searcher;Oct2011, Vol. 19 Issue 8, Special section p18
The article explores the different customary and creative library uses for user-generated data. It says that the photo-sharing website called Flickr is commonly used by librarians to share videos and photos with their colleagues. On the other hand, they can also access the site YouTube if they...