Birds, Bees, and Bathroom Tours
- Students want sexual diversity in classrooms. Stayshyn, Justin // Xtra (Toronto);3/10/2011, Issue 688, p12
The article reports that a survey of high school students in Ontario via Facebook and email by the Ontario Student Trustees' Association (OSTA) has revealed that nearly 82 percent of them believe that all sexualities should be taught in school.
- Sex School. // Dolly;Feb2013, Issue 506, p78
The article presents the results of an online poll which asked readers on whether it is too young for students in religious schools to be taught about sex education from the age of 11.
- NJ Teens Present Sex Education to Peers. // Curriculum Review;May2013, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p7
The article discusses Teen Prevention Education Program, a sexual health and safety education course organized and taught by upperclassmen at Dwight Morrow High School in Englewood, New Jersey.
- Sex Education. Lamson, Herbert D. // Education;Nov1951, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p139
The article discusses the importance of sex education to students in the U.S. Not only should sex education convey the correct information, biological and psychological, but ethical ideals should be instilled. Traditionally, men were allowed to do things for which women were more severe...
- Our children need sex education. Jessine, Mary // America;7/14/1951, Vol. 85 Issue 15, p376
The article discusses the results on a survey about the knowledge of sex matters among senior students in the Catholic high schools of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. They reveal that the real source of sex information is not the parent or the home. The street corner, cinema, and sexy books substitute the...
- Queer Education Around the World. CHAMBERLAIN, JAMES // Our Schools / Our Selves;Winter2010, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p149
The article examines the issue of homophobia and sexuality education in schools. The author reports that research from Belgium, Sweden, Finland, Canada and the U.S. reveals that lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transsexual (LGBT) students are subject to greater risk for verbal and physical harassment...
- NEWS IN BRIEF: NORTH DAKOTA. // Advocate;1/16/90, Issue 542, p20
Reports on parents' criticism of an AIDS education program for high school students in North Dakota which shows students how to put on a condom.
- Give TWO reasons why 10-year-olds should know this. // ATA News;10/25/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p2
The article discusses three education topics, namely, the question about condom in the standardized sex education for Grades 5, 8, and 10 students in the Washington, District of Columbia, the results of a survey conducted by the "Times Education Supplement" which shows that British parents...
- Study Shows Most City Schools Teach Sex Education. // Education Week;3/21/1984, Vol. 3 Issue 26, p4
The article reports on the results of the study on the availability of sex education in large city school districts in the U.S. The findings of the study revealed that 94 percent of the school districts provide sex education to promote rational and informed decision making about sexuality. About...