MANAGING EXECUTIVE PAY: LESSONS FROM THE LEADERS
- Quelling the storm over top salaries. Williams, Anthony; Crabb, Steve // People Management;3/9/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p22
Analyzes some of the justifications given for executive pay policies. Implications of the findings on the executive pay survey from Sedgwick Noble Lowndes; Options when looking for criteria in deciding top executive pay; Movements in chief executive and manual earnings in 1980-1994. INSETS:...
- Executive Pay Practices Globally: Is Convergence on Its Way? Part 1. // Benefits Quarterly;2010 First Quarter, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p59
The article reviews the article "Executive Pay Practices Globally: Is Convergence on Its Way?," by Calvin Jackson and Katy Bennett, which appeared in the magazine "Benefits & Compensation International," in the September 2009 issue.
- Stock options were the engine of executive pay growth in 1999. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 21 Issue 121, p28
Reports on the results of a 1999 review of executive compensation, conducted by Pearl Meyer & Partners. Growth in the average chief executive officer renumeration in 1999; Other financial packages received by top executives aside from their salaries; Trend among American companies of...
- Compensation at a crossroads: It's time for a change. // NACD Directorship;Jan2002, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the need to reassess executive compensation systems in the United States. Functionality of pay programs to attract, motivate and retain needed talent in the company; Flexible option vehicles tailored to meet the company's business strategy and human resources needs; Ultimate goal for...
- How much is too much? Mariotti, John // Industry Week/IW;03/02/98, Vol. 247 Issue 5, p68
The article discusses how executives are paid. Why it is not uncommon for executives to be awarded bonuses and stock options that reach eight digits; Rationales given for executive compensation package; Primary reasons for executive's huge pay packages; Unfortunate aspect of executive performance.
- Compensation: Some guiding principles. Meuter Jr., Fred // Directors & Boards;Spring2001, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p34
Discusses some factors that corporations should consider when developing an effective executive compensation program. Compensation program-corporate culture fit; Major components of the program; Awareness of the external data trap; Necessary input from the involved staff groups; Avoidance of...
- Companies Seen Revising Executive Compensation. Bates, Steve // HR Magazine;Jul2002, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on a report from Hewitt Associates regarding the revision of executive compensation plans by companies in the U.S. Reason behind the limitation in the ability of companies to use stock options and performance-based bonuses to encourage top executives to join their companies; Information...
- Design Firms Become Creative in Compensating Managers. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;01/31/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on the findings of survey conducted by the Zweig White and Associates company on the growth of salary of managerial employees of design companies in the United States. Rate of increase; Analysis on the findings of the survey.
- Big bucks. Baskerville, Robin // Business New Hampshire Magazine;Apr93, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p25
Discusses the issue of executive compensation within New Hampshire companies. Statistics from the International Association of Corporate and Professional Recruiters; Shareholder proposal to put limits on the pay of its executives at Ferrofluidics Corp. of Nashua; Comments of WPI chief executive...