Real Miracle Happened Four Years Ago
- "A Campaign Won as a Public Issue Will Stay Won". Knoblauch, Heidi Katherine // American Journal of Public Health;Feb2014, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p227
On March 23, 2010, President Barack Obama signed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) into law. As it went through Congress, the legislation faced forceful resistance. Individuals and organizations opposing the ACA circulated propaganda that varied from photographs of fresh...
- Momentum grows among Dems for using rules to avoid filibuster. Alarkon, Walter; Allen, Jared // Hill;4/1/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p3
The article reports on the issue regarding the U.S. Democrat's use of special budget rules to push major healthcare reform.
- Budget reconciliation still on table for health reform. Young, Jeffrey // Hill;4/1/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p12
The article focuses on the issue regarding the use of reconciliation between the Republicans and Democrats in passing the health reform in the U.S.
- Unions demand public plan in healthcare bill. Young, Jeffrey; Rushing, J. Taylor; McCaffrey, Kiera // Hill;6/26/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 76, p4
The article reports on the demands of union members on the inclusion of government-backed insurance program in the healthcare reform legislation in the U.S.
- (ONLINE TOOL) Website Separates Healthcare Reform Fact from Fiction; Helps Seniors. // Aging News Alert;8/14/2009, p6
A blog from "Consumer Reports" magazine which offers information about healthcare reform in the U.S. is presented.
- Health. Griffin, Joel // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p96
States that in 1995 the health sector in Asia saw strong governmental endorsements to privatise health services. Impact of water quality; Focus of Indonesian Government policy; Monetary increase of annual per capita spending on health in Thailand.
- Halo increases the AHA's visibility, clout with policymakers. Luggiero, Gary // AHA News;07/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p2
Reports on lobbying efforts by the Hospital Advocacy Lobbying Organization (HALO), an American Hospital Association-led coalition of hospital advocacy groups. Opposition to the Medicaid budget plan unveiled by congressional Republican leaders in May 1996; Role in the hospital community's...
- Minnesota: Buying Health Insurance Across State Lines Could Yield Lower Premiums. Chavers, Mikel // Capitol Ideas;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p23
The article offers information on Minnesota's health care reform plan which will enable residents to buy health insurance from other states.
- How not to fix the health care crisis. Tanner, Michael // Business Economics;Apr93, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p17
Examines some of the most prominent proposals for health care reform in the United States. Single-payer, government-operated tax-funded system; Play or pay programs; Changes in insurance law; Managed competition.
- Health care policy reform--in the public interest or for the special interests? Korves, Ross C. // Business Economics;Apr93, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p24
Focuses on health care reform in the United States for the year 1993. Importance of government intervention in health care; Basic points on the political agenda regarding health care; Positions of the American Academy of Pediatrics and other organizations; Payment and delivery issues.