Veg boot camp
- Savvy salads. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Apr2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p7
The article offers tips on creating a healthier salad. It suggests checking out nearby farmers' markets that offer in-season, local produce. It recommends piling one's plate with leafy green vegetables especially dark greens. It emphasizes the importance of adding whole grains to make one feel...
- NINJA IN THE KITCHEN. Margaret Chappell, Mary // Vegetarian Times;Mar2016, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p66
Several recipes for protein foods are presented including pro mac, Olive Rosemary biscuits, and crunchy nutty peanut butter hemp cookies.
- better burritos. Palermo, Rochelle // Vegetarian Times;Jun2011, Issue 385, p35
Recipes for five low calorie burritos are presented including Potato and Cauliflower Burritos, Corn, Chayote, and Green Chile Burritos, and Chorizo y Papas Breakfast Burritos.
- Top 9 Stealth Health Diet Strategies. Palmer, Sharon // Environmental Nutrition;Dec2011, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p1
The article discusses nine stealth health strategies to diet. It suggests having caution with snacks, altering some meat with mushrooms, and eating more vegetables. Dietitian Cynthia Sass recommends leaving 10 percent of every meal behind for an average American as it can lead to a weight loss...
- Black-Bean Brownie Bonanza! Lindler, Gwynn; Mannich, Ruth; Meola, Lisa; Victorio, Katherine // IDEA Fitness Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
Several letters are presented in response to a brownie recipe in the "Food for Thought" section in the November 2011 issue.
- Black-Bean Brownies? Strand, Karen // IDEA Fitness Journal;Mar2011, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p7
A letter is presented in response to the article "Black Beans in Brownies?" in the January 2011 issue.
- Healthy, homemade ENERGY BARS. // Vegetarian Times;Jun2016, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p50
The article presents several recipes for healthy, homemade energy bars (EB) including Cookie Dough Snack Bars, Savory Chickpea Protein Bars, and Zesty Green EB.
- Healthy Plant-based Eating for Children. CHUTER, ROBYN // Natural Health & Vegetarian Life;Summer2010/2011, p28
The article offers information on plant-based diets for children. The author emphasized that a vegan diet must be based on fresh vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts, seeds and whole grains because its offers an ample supply of unrefined carbohydrate, protein and fats while providing numerous...
- 5 WAYS TO EAT BETTER THIS YEAR. Meltzer Warren, Rachel // Vegetarian Times;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p24
The article offers suggestions for maintaining health during the new year 2016. Topics include tips like eating breakfasts that contain proteins and whole grain, increasing the amount of meatless protein in diet; cooking various vegetarian recipes like Indian aloo gobi and Mexican veggie...