Carbon Offsets Explained
- Carbon trading criticised for not cutting emissions. // Utility Week;11/13/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p9
The article focuses on a report released by the Friends of the Earth which found that carbon trading failed to cut emissions needed to prevent global warming and to promote innovation required for the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Carbon efficiency index. // African Business;Jan2010, Issue 360, p8
The article reports on the launch of the world's first carbon efficiency index by the International Finance (IFC) in collaboration with Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P).
- Carbon Neutral Diet in Northern California City's Future. // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Jun2010, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p145
The article focuses on the plan of the city of Davis, California to reach total carbon neutrality by 2050.
- Carbon compliance deadline draws near. // DIY Week;2/26/2010, p02
The article reports on the deadline for Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) scheme which is drawing near for manufacturers who are being asked to reduce their carbon emissions.
- CARBON TAXATION VERSUS EMISSIONS TRADING SCHEMES? SHEEHAN, JOHN // Deakin Law Review;2010, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p99
The article focuses on carbon tax and emission trading scheme (ETS). It mentions that carbon tax and ETS are two laws which have been implemented in Australia in order to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emission. It reports that with the carbon tax the industries are looking for emission free...
- Obama To Propose U.S. Emission Cuts At Copenhagen Talks. Holly, Chris // Energy Daily;11/18/2009, p1
The article reports on the proposals for emissions reductions to be submitted by the U.S. and China at the December 2009 climate summit in Copenhagen, Denmark. According to U.S. President Barack Obama, they intend to produce a political accord to rally the world around a solution to global...
- Carbon Credit:. // Hardwood Floors Magazine;Feb/Mar2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p20
The article provides the definition for the term carbon credit, and discusses its creation in an effort to reduce of emission of greenhouse gases.
- It's Only Plant Matter - Or a Planet Matter. YOUNG, JOHN // Progressive Populist;8/1/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p12
The article presents the author's views on opposition regarding U.S. President Barack Obama's initiatives to reduce carbon emissions.
- â‚¬270 billion. // Green Futures;Apr2011, Issue 80, p10
The article reports that European Union (EU) needs 270 million euros a year to invest in low carbon solutions and to reduce emissions by 80% by 2050.