- Two Are the Same. // Weekly Reader - Pre K;Feb2012, Vol. 32, p8
A quiz concerning the identification of two things with the same visual is presented.
- Arab nations debut online ICDL testing. // IT Training;Oct2002, p11
Reports the inauguration of the online International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL) testing in Arab countries. Efforts to overcome geographical barriers on training; Problems on an online testing; Administration of the ICDL qualifications.
- Govt considers school financial literacy exams from 2015. Dale, Samuel // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);1/23/2013, p8
The article reports the proposed introduction of financial literacy examinations for 15-year-olds in England from 2015, aimed at measuring their real-life knowledge and financial capability.
- How literate are you? Take the FEI quiz. Livingston, Phil // Directors & Boards;Winter2002, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p22
Presents a quiz to gauge financial literacy.
- THE GQ CULTURAL LITERACY TEST. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov2004, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p270
Presents the Gentlemen's Quarterly Literacy Test in the U.S.
- Liberal arts grads seek employability proof. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Feb2000, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges' development of an examination that allows students who major in liberal arts subjects to demonstrate computer literacy and job readiness for the high-technology workplace. Seven components covered by the five-hour exam; Measurement of...
- GOP plays hardball to block national tests. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;10/15/97, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p24
Reports on House and Senate differences on testing and funding issues in the United States. Republicans' efforts to stop US President Bill Clinton's voluntary national test and reading initiative or literacy bill; National Assessment Governing Board's authority over the development of Clinton's...
- (In) Agency of EFL teachers under the negative backwash effect of centralized tests. Riazi, A. Mehdi; Razavipour, Kiomars // International Journal of Language Studies;Apr2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p263
This paper reports a study which investigated the effect of centralized English tests on one of the immediate stakeholders, namely, teachers. Data for the study were collected from 20 high school English language teachers by administering an assessment literacy test and conducting face to face...
- Testing times for kids as Govt introduces yet more exams. // Education (14637073);9/15/2006, Issue 238, p3
The article reports on a test in functional skills that will be introduced by the British government for 12-year-old children. Children who will pass the test will be provided with a certificate proving that they have achieved the basic standards in literacy, numeracy and information technology.