- The futility of gun control. Brown, Susan Stamper // Ellis County Press;8/9/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p3
The author reflects on the ineffectuality of the gun control laws in the U.S., asserting that they are based on the erroneous assumption that criminals will obey the law leaving law-abiding citizens in danger.
- TRUE LIES: THE SAD REALITY OF GUN CONTROL. FEIRSTEIN, BRUCE // Vanity Fair;Jun2013, Issue 634, p86
The article offers information on the sad reality of gun control in the U.S. in 2013.
- Is U.S. capable of finding common ground on reducing gun violence? // Inside Tucson Business;1/10/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p14
The author reflects on the need for the U.S. government to find some common ground on reducing gun violence.
- Gun violence can be prevented; so why aren't we doing it? Miller, Hannah // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/9/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p4C
The author talks about her support for safer gun laws in the U.S.
- Gunning for the Ugly Right. Capaldi, Michael D. // Orange County Business Journal;7/14/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p67
The author reflects on the right to bear arms in the U.S. According to the author, it is not a high and philosophical right like freedom of speech and not inspiring like freedom of religion. The author questioned the beliefs of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama about gun control....
- 'Fast and Furious' program prompts gun laws debate. Yager, Jordy // Hill;6/30/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 96, p4
The article discusses the report released by U.S. Representative Elijah Cummings to call for lawmakers to strengthen the country's gun laws and legislation to support law enforcement agents in preventing illegal weapons trafficking.
- Elementary School Shooting: What Gun Control Laws Might US Voters Support? // Moderate Voice;12/15/2012, p3
The article focuses on the gun control laws which must be voted by the Americans amidst the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut in December 2012. It notes a survey conducted by Cable News Network (CNN) which showed that Americans are against on the potential law which limits the number of...
- Talking Common Sense About Guns. Stengel, Richard // Time;8/6/2012, Vol. 180 Issue 6, p4
An introduction is presented in which the managing editor discusses gun control in the U.S. as of August 6, 2012, focusing on Joe Klein's cover story on the relationship between politicians and gun control in the wake of the mass shootings at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado.
- Citizens and Sheriffs' Rally to Preserve Threatened Second Amendment Rights. Where is the Press? Pease, Harold // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);3/14/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p2
The author reflects on the opposition of citizens and sheriffs in the U.S. on the efforts of President Barack Obama and the Congress on gun control, as they claim that the right of people to bear and keep arms should not be infringed.