- EDITOR'S NOTES: EXPLORING SOCIAL NETWORKS. KNIGHT, RICHARD A. // Proteus;Spring2011, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue discussing online social networking including its advantages and disadvantages, its history, and its potential for community-building.
- NEW LGBT SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE QUEERBOOK.COM LAUNCHES. // Quest: Wisconsin's Gay News Leader;3/11/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the launching of Queerbook.com, a GLBT social networking site that offers members chat, groups, blogs, pictures, and videos, by Advocate USA LLC.
- Popular social networking apps. // Out & About;Aug2012, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p23
The article reports on the well-known social networking applications for hte LGBT community which include Grindr, Hornet, and Gaydar.
- On-Line Community Formation. Hopkins-Best, Natalie // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2009, p1
. ..PAT.-Unpublished Manuscript
- New app aims to connect women. Kronick, Lauryn // Capital Xtra (Ottawa);8/16/2012, Issue 246, p14
The article features Girldar, a social networking application for the lesbian community, developed by Krysten Milne of Mint Consulting Group.
- Building Facebook 'Likes'. Di Giovanni, Myriam // Credit Union Times;4/11/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p5
The article focuses on the use of online social media by several credit unions including Elevations Credit Union, Community Financial Credit Union, and Credit Union ONE to interact with community members.
- Hot guys at your fingertips. // Xtra (Toronto);9/23/2010, Issue 676, p8
The article previews Grindr, a social networking application for the LGBT community made for the iPad.
- Social Not-Working? Evaluating and Building an Online Learning Community. Gray, Colin; Smyth, Keith // Proceedings of the International Conference on e-Learning;2011, p137
Beginning with a short overview of what online institutional communities might offer around sustaining good learning, teaching and assessment practice, this paper then describes the rationale for and development of Edinburgh Napier Education Exchange (ENEE) as an ELGG-based social networking...
- INSIDE THE MOON. // New Moon Girls;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p3
The article focuses on NewMoon, the social networking for girls, and mentions topics including the voting for a girl for the Girl of the Year Award at NewMoon.com, the nomination for a Beautiful Girl to the Beautiful Girls issue, and the publication of New Moon Girls (NMG) member's work.