'WE ARE KIDNAPPED.'
- ONE WAY OUT. Remnick, David // New Yorker;4/15/2002, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p27
Focuses on the developments related to the Palestinian uprising in Israel. Efficiency of diplomacy; Disputes between Palestinian President Yaser Arafat and Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon; Engagement of the U.S. government to the uprisings in the Middle East.
- Bantustans and Bypass Roads: The Rebirth of Apartheid? Halper, Jeff // Global Dialogue;Summer2002, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses on the Oslo Declaration of Principles agreed by Israel and Palestinians in September 1993. It says that the incursion of Israel into Palestinian areas in March and April 2002 is to demolish the infrastructure of terrorism that was represented not only a repudiation on...
- Chronology of Events. Hirbawi, Najat // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p120
Presents a chronology of events related to Palestine-Israeli's politics, economics, and culture as of January to April 2003. Deportation of seven Belgians; Palestinian suicide bombers in a bus station; Submission of a formal request to the U.S. for a special package in military aid and in loan...
- Amendment of Palestinian Covenant. McCurry, Mike // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;4/22/96, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p203
Presents an excerpt of a statement by the White House Press Secretary applauding the Palestine National Council's vote to revoke the sections of the Palestinian Covenant that called for the destruction of the state Israel.
- Q&A. // Junior Scholastic;11/13/2000, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p9
Answers questions about the political histories of Israel and Palestine.
- Beyond Gaza. Saab, Bilal Y. // World Today;Feb2009, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p9
The author comments on the challenge the Gaza Strip poses to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, and steps that both sides need to take to realize lasting peace. Israel needs a vision of a Palestine that can function as a state with the proper resources, and cannot realize peace as an occupying...
- Diverging Fortunes In Israel. // Middle East & Africa Financial Alert;7/7/2003, Vol. 2 Issue 40, p5
Israeli assets continued their climb last week, as the confidence-building measures which comprise the U.S.-sponsored "road map" to peace started to live up to their name. The latest developments saw Israeli and Palestinian Prime Ministers Ariel Sharon and Mahmoud Abbas attend a joint press...
- EGYPT-REPORT REVOLUTION. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);2/19/2011, Vol. 138 Issue 1238, p10
The article reports on the impact of the popular revolution in Egypt to Israel and Palestine. It states that the American Jewish leaders think that the revolutionary changes in Egypt can cause danger to Israel. It also mentions that Palestinians, on the other hand, consider that a new...
- Whose Money Is It? // America;3/13/2006, Vol. 194 Issue 9, p4
Considers former U.S. President Jimmy Carter's reaction to the decision of the Israeli government to freeze its monthly transfer of $45 million in tax rebates and customs payments to the Palestinian Authority in response to the victory of Hamas representatives in the recently held Palestinian...