The First Steps: Bar Coding
- News at dealdline. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;04/06/98, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p4
Presents news about the health care industry in the United States during April 1998. Plan of the American Health Association (AHA) to change its name; Losses of Medicare; Agreement between Resurrection Health Care and Westlake Health System.
- No block grants. // Drug Topics;4/24/95, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p19
Reports on the American Health Care Association's (AHCA) call for the creation of a new national long-term health-care program within Medicare. AHCA's opposition to Medicaid block grants.
- NEWS WATCH. // Materials Management in Health Care;Feb2001, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Presents news briefs related to medical care in the United States, as of February 2001. Fake invoices distributed to hospitals by a Los Angeles, California-based entity; American Society for Healthcare Central Service Professionals president William Dennis' death after a heart attack; Web-based...
- New Study Finds That Balanced Budget Act's Impact Will Worsen. // AHA News;05/24/99, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p6
States that the American Health Association commissioned The Lewin Group to study the impact of the 1997 Balanced Budget Act's Medicare provisions on hospitals and health systems in the United States. Measurement on the aggregate impact of the BBA upon select aspects of hospitals' financial...
- Conflicting messages. // Modern Healthcare;12/9/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p22
Editorial. Examines the corporate affiliations of American Health Association officers in the U.S. Effect of corporate affiliations on the financial relief being sought by the association; Discussion on AHA policy objectives concerning the affiliations of officers; Background on the crisis...
- Lessons From the Health Care Debate. Levine, Stuart R. // Credit Union Times;9/12/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p10
The article presents the views of the author regarding the health care triad played by people which has structured the American health care system in the U.S. He says that three different roles were performed by consumers which include the payer, the purchaser and the user. He suggests that the...
- At Deadline. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Nov2013, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p3
The article offers the U.S. healthcare related news brief as of October 2013 including American Health Care Association's (AHCA) 2013 Quality Report, hiring of Clifton Porter II by ACHA, and a research on long-term care by Center on Aging at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas.
- ADAPT's cynical moves. O'Connor, John // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jun2015, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p37
The author talks about the Americans Disabled for Attendant Programs Today and need of giving medical care to people with disability along with information on annual meeting of the American Health Care Association.
- The 1940s. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Mar2007, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p10
The article presents a timeline of health-related events in the 1940s. As the war progresses, hospitals are challenged to balance increasing demand for their services and diminishing supplies of personnel and material resources. The American Hospital Association established a Standing Committee...