Canada's Turn, Finally?
- The price of impatience. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;2/2/2004, p18
Presents an investment analysis of the stock of Exxoteq, South African oil exploration company. Factors blamed for the decline of the company's share price; Opportunities and risks facing the firm; Presence of influential empowerment groups on board; Inability to clinch a major acquisition.
- Equitable sheds Gulf assets. Hull, Jennifer Pallanich // Offshore;May2000, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p22
Reports that Westport Oil and Gas has agreed to acquire the Gulf of Mexico oil exploration and production unit of Equitable Resources. Cost of the acquisition; Amount of oil and gas production Westport will take under the acquisition agreement.
- Westbridge Energy acquires majority interest in four new petroleum licences offshore Namibia. // African Business News;2/13/2013, p14
The article reports on the acquisition of majority interest in four new petroleum licenses offshore Namibia by oil and gas exploration company Westbridge Energy. The acquisition will make Westbridge the Operator of the Licenses with a 75 percent interest, Ropat Petroleum Investments will have a...
- Heritage Oil announces results for the year ended 31 December 2012. // African Business News;4/30/2013, p14
The article reports on the financial results posted by upstream exploration and production firm Heritage Oil PLC for the year ended December 31, 2012. Updates show the company's acquisitions including of oil and gas company OML, its disposed interest in the Miran asset in the Kurdistan region of...
- R&B, Falcon merger sign of things to come. Furlow, William // Offshore;Aug97, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on the slated merger of oil exploration firms, Reading & Bates and Falcon Drilling. Agreement to a tax-free stock deal; Reduction of exploration costs; Pivotal action among drillers in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Oilfield activity heats up, though uncertainty lingers. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p33
Focuses on the New Orleans, Louisiana's energy industries. Increase in crude oil and natural gas prices in 2000; Rise in drilling and production activity in the Gulf of Mexico; Merger among oil companies; Employment losses and gains; Activities of independent oil companies.
- Tower Resources acquires 20% carried interest in Marovoay Block-2102, onshore Madagascar. // African Business News;7/ 3/2013, p22
The article reports on the acquisition of a 20% carried interest by oil and gas exploration firm Tower Resources PLC in Marovoay Block-2102 onshore Madagascar. It mentions that its attainment was accomplished through acquiring its private British registered counterpart Wilton Petroleum Ltd....
- Chevron Canada increases its landholdings in Alberta's Duvernay formation. // World Energy News;8/5/2013, p3
The article discusses an agreement signed by Chevron Canada Ltd. (CCL) for the acquisition of all interests from Alta Energy Luxembourg S.Ã .r.l. and affiliates in the Duvernay shale formation in west-central Alberta covering 67,900 net acres. The company started a multiwell exploration...
- The Parkmead Group announces increase in revenue for the six-month period ended 31 December 2013. // World Energy News;3/28/2014, p21
The article discusses the interim operational and financial results for the six-month period ended December 31, 2014 of The Parkmead Group, an oil and gas group focused on Great Britain and the Netherlands. It announces that the group has acquired of Lochard Energy Group PLC, and made new gas...