- Fire when unready. Woodard, Joe // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/24/94, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p24
Announces that as of January 1, 1994, the federal government has mandated that prospective provincial gun purchasers seeking a Firearms Acquisition Certificate must take a Canadian Firearms Safety Course. Firearms registry officers stopped accepting FAC applications in Alberta in early January...
- Toy guns under fire. // Australia's Parents;May95, Issue 83, p78
Reports on the increasing safety regulations imposed on toy guns in Australia. Incidents of violence caused by toy firearms prompting the regulations; Retail stores supporting the campaign; Similarity of campaigns in the United States.
- Remarks in an Interview and Townhall Meeting on ABC's `Good Morning America.'. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/15/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p1079
Presents the text of an interview with United States President Bill Clinton on May 12, 2000 conducted by Charlie Gibson and Diane Sawyer of the television program `Good Morning America' which deals with the gun safety regulation and other topics.
- Remarks Following a Meeting With Ohio Representatives of the Million Mom March and an Exchange With Reporters in Akron, Ohio. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/15/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p1089
Presents the text of an interview with United States (US) President Bill Clinton on May 12, 2000 which deals with the Million Mom March for commonsense gun safety laws.
- Massachusetts takes a new aim at gun safety. // Nation's Health;Dec96, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p8
Reports that the state of Massachusetts is using its consumer protection law in the move to regulate the sale of firearms. Inclusion of tamper resistant serial numbers on handguns; Banning of low-price handguns.
- Small step on guns. // Christian Science Monitor;10/20/97, Vol. 89 Issue 227, p20
Opinion. States that the decision by handgun manufacturers in the United States to provide childproof trigger locks on new firearms is a step in the right direction in preventing accidental shootings of children because it acknowledges the safety responsibility that the companies bear. The...
- The Great Trigger Guard Giveaway. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;07/19/99, Vol. 12 Issue 28, p10
Comments on the proposed firearm safety regulation of the legislative body in New Jersey. Questions over distributing free safety locks on firearms; Public's concerns over the effectiveness of the proposals to give away free locks.
- Hunting in a Free Fall. McCombie, Brian // Field & Stream;Jan2001, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p16
Reports the decline of the number of hunters in Canada. Impact of urbanization on animal hunting; Preference of youngsters for computers and televisions; Existence of restrictive and expensive gun laws.
- TAKING A FLIER ON BIG DATA. Sternstein, Aliya // Government Executive;May/Jun2013, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p24
The article discusses the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agency's proposal to profile airline passengers using their commercial analytics. It states that personal information gathered in commercial forums may prove valuable for public safety but at the same time using the...