- Does My Gas Cause Global Warming? // Science World (Teacher's Edition);1/21/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 8, pTE 3
Presents a lesson plan about global warming and methane gas.
- RUSSIAN METHANE EMISSIONS: OPTIONS FOR REDUCTION. Hill, Malcolm R. // Energy & Environment;2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p57
Explores the technologies applied to reduce methane emissions in Russia. Determination on the terms of emissions; Global warming potential of methane compared with carbon dioxide; Consequences of changes in methane and carbon dioxide emissions.
- Belching rice. // New Scientist;5/18/91, Vol. 130 Issue 1769, p17
Reports on findings of joint studies by American and Chinese researchers which showed that methane discharged from rice paddies in China may contribute to the global warming. Amount of methane discharged from Chinese rice fields.
- Aussies Battle BELCHES. // Current Science;9/2/2011, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the harmful effect of cow belch on the environment, after scientists revealed that it gives out 1.2 tons of methane, a greenhouse gas that is responsible for global warming.
- Reasons for Larger Warming Projections in the IPCC Third Assessment Report. Wigley, T. M. L.; Raper, S. C. B. // Journal of Climate;Oct2002, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p2945
Projections of future warming in the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Third Assessment Report (TAR) are substantially larger than those in the Second Assessment Report (SAR). The reasons for these differences are documented and quantified. Differences are divided into differences...
- Methane hydrates release may be part of global warming. LeBlanc, Leonard // Offshore;Mar97, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p26
Explains the statement that methane hydrates release may be one of the causes of global warming.
- METHANE TIME BOMB. D. S. // Sierra;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p29
The article discusses the impact of methane on global warming.
- Methane and possible gas hydrates in the Disko Bugt region, central West Greenland. Mikkelsen, Naja; Laier, Troels; Nielsen, Tove; Kuijpers, Antoon; Nørgaard-Pedersen, Niels // Geological Survey of Denmark & Greenland Bulletin;2012, Issue 26, p69
The article focuses on a study on the presence of methane and gas hydrates in the Disko Bugt region in central west Greenland. It mentions that global warming will thaw the frozen peat-lands and lead to the degradation of marine gas hydrates, resulting into a possible increase in the rate of...
- Methane. Gibbs, Michael J.; Hogan, Kathleen // EPA Journal;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on methane in the issue of global warming due to the greenhouse effect. Methane as a greenhouse gas second only to carbon dioxide in its contribution to the greenhouse effect; Profitability of approaches to methane reduction; Livestock as a source of methane.