Omeprazole and Clopidogrel -- Is There a Clinically Meaningful Interaction?
- A new multidrug reinduction protocol with topotecan, vinorelbine, thiotepa, dexamethasone, and gemcitabine for relapsed or refractory acute leukemia. Kolb, E.A.; Steinherz, P.G. // Leukemia (08876924);Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p1967
We report the results of a phase 2 nonrandomized single-arm trial of a combination therapy for relapsed or refractory leukemia. From January 1999 to June 2002, 28 patients with multiple relapsed or refractory acute leukemia received a combination of topotecan, vinorelbine, thiotepa,...
- COGENT proof of clopidogrel/PPI's tolerability. // Reactions Weekly;10/31/2009, Issue 1276, p3
The article discusses research on omeprazole in patients receiving aspirin and clopidogrel. It references a study by D. L. Bhatt, presented at the 21st Annual Scientific Symposium on Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics. The trial shows that the combination of a gastro-protecting proton...
- The Pulse on Site Success. Adelglass, Jeffrey // CenterWatch Weekly;12/14/2015, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p7
The article offers tips on patient recruitment for clinical trials.
- Recruiting to clinical trials: hospital or home? Phil Woodsford // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Jan2012, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p91
The article discusses the recruitment of patients from hospitals or home for clinical trials in Great Britain, in which the Good Clinical Practice framework ensures the careful consideration of the rights of the patients being recruited.
- Omeprazole reduces the antiplatelet effect of clopidogrel. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Jun2011, Vol. 92 Issue 1093, p82
The article reports on the result of a study that shows that omeprazole significantly reduces the antiplatelet effect of clopidogrel.
- FDA: Effect of clopidogrel reduced when used with proton pump inhibitor omeprazole. // Cardiology Today;Jan2010, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on a confirmation by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the U.S. that using anticoagulant clopidogrel and proton pump inhibitor omeprazole at the same time results to lesser anticlotting efficacy.
- Addition of omeprazole to dual antiplatelet therapy with clopidogrel plus aspirin lowers the risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Siller-Matula, Jolanta M.; Delle-Karth, Georg // Evidence Based Medicine;Oct2011, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p144
The article presents a commentary on the study "Clopidogrel with or without omeprazole in coronary artery disease," published in a 2010 issue of the "New England Journal of Medicine." It notes a discrepancy between trial results and observational data on the risk of cardiovascular events...
- Antiepileptic Drug Interactions - Principles and Clinical Implications. Johannessen, Svein I.; Landmark, Cecilie Johannessen // Current Neuropharmacology;Sep2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p254
No abstract available.
- Study Reports Survival Benefits of CAMPTOSAR(r) (Irinotecan
HCL Injection) and Cisplatin for First-Line Treatment of Advanced
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer; CAMPTOSAR Regimen Offers... // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;6/10/2004, p88
Results from the Phase III Four Arm Cooperative Study of first-line treatment regimens for advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSLC) suggested that the combination of CAMPTOSAR and cisplatin should provide the best overall survival benefits and toxicity manageability among the four different...