ELECTRONIC PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION EXCHANGE: Health Care Entities' Reported Disclosure Practices and Effects on Quality of Care
- Broad IT push begins. DoBias, Matthew // Modern Healthcare;6/11/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p12
The article reports on the efforts of U.S. lawmakers to persuade Congress to consider, draft and pass a comprehensive health information technology (IT) bill. The House approved legislation that would help fund college and master's level education in healthcare informatics. Former Representative...
- IT bill no longer on the radar. Conn, Joseph // Modern Healthcare;10/9/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 40, p8
The article reports on declining chances for the U.S. Congress to pass a federal legislation to promote healthcare information technology. Prospects for the legislation, which has passed the House and Senate in different forms, grew much dimmer when no agreement on a final version of the...
- ABOUT FACE. STRASSMANN, PAUL A. // Signal;Sep2011, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p55
The article reports that the creation of the Information Technology Architecture was a mandate of the Clinger-Cohen Act of 1996 in the U.S. The Federal Enterprise Architecture was defined as the process for developing, maintaining and facilitating the implementation of integrated systems as...
- Patient records groups cite Social Security, confidentiality and data set issues. // Health Management Technology;Jan1997, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p10
Discusses the recommendation to advance computer-based patient records through the use of information technology in the United States. Use of a modified Social Security number for unique health identifier; Immediate adoption of security measures; Promotion of uniform confidentiality protections...
- GAO issues wetlines report to US Congress. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2013, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the issuance by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) of its wetlines study to the U.S. Congress that was mandated under the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) in July 2012.
- What GAO Recommends. // GAO Reports;2/10/2016, p2
The article presents the recommendations of the government agency the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) to the U.S. Congress on how federal funding can efficiently respond to the countercyclical nature of Medicaid.
- Are Vendors Up to the Task? // Healthcare Informatics;Sep2010, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p34
The article introduces the 2010 Mid-Term Performance Review by KLAS, the Utah-based company engaged in reviewing the performance of healthcare information technology vendors.
- POLICY: Q&A. Meaningful Use Anxiety ... DANIEL GARRETT. HAGLAND, MARK // Healthcare Informatics;Sep2010, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p52
An interview with PricewaterhouseCooper's partner and healthcare IT practice leader Daniel Garrett is presented. When asked about the findings of the survey on meaningful use in connection with the newly-released federal rules, he admits that 8 out 10 executives are worried about their firms'...
- FBI Is Implementing Key Acquisition Methods on Its New Case Management System, but Related Agencywide Guidance Needs to Be Improved. Hite, Randolph C. // GAO Reports;9/23/2008, p36
The article focuses on the implementation of the acquisition methods on the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) case management system. In order to test if the methods are effective, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) reviewed FBI's Sentinel policies and procedures. Based on the...