- No More Fear. KATTENBURG, KATHY // Moderate Voice;2/22/2011, p11
A blog on factors resulted in the fall of the dominoes of dictatorship in the Middle East is discussed.
- Tunisia Forms Caretaker Government, Praises Army. EDABURN, PATRICK // Moderate Voice;1/17/2011, p23
A blog discussing the decline of dictatorship in Tunisia is presented.
- Shockwaves from Egypt's Successful Protest Whip Across Middle East. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;2/14/2011, p14
A blog posted by editor-in-chief Joe Gandelman offering information on the influence of Egypt's successful protest of dictatorship across the Middle East is presented.
- Futuring the Revolution. // Futurist;May/Jun2011, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p68
Several blogs are presented concerning the fall of Egypt's 30-year old dictatorship. One relates that the incident has shown the U.S. government the negative consequences of supporting convenient dictators can have negative consequences. Another speaks of the impact of the youth bulge in the...
- OPINION. // New Humanist;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 122 Issue 6, p31
The article presents a reprint of the exclusive blog of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the President of Iran. It discusses the day-to-day life of the president and his insights on the impressions of other people about his dictatorship and dissent against freedom. One blog entry discussed his views about...
- In times of crisis, it is often helpful when a dynamic hero takes charge--but usually there is a... J.G. // Military History;Oct96, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the essence of dictatorship as a form of leadership. Standards set by Roman dictator Lucius Quictius Cincinnatus; Problems faced by Cincinnatus in assuming dictatorial power; Opposition of George Washington in assuming absolute power.
- Mexico: Killing the messenger. // Canadian Dimension;Jul92, Vol. 26 Issue 5, preceding p1
Discusses a report entitled `The Press and the Perfect Dictatorship-an investigation of press freedoms in Mexico.' Written by Ellen Saenger, journalist in Mexico from 1984 to 1986; Nineteen journalists killed during first half of Salinas administration; Thirty-four journalists killed during...
- Civil liberties face threat in Burundi. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;12/1/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 36, p3
The article reports on the issue concerning the implications of imposing a dictatorship in Burundi.
- Losing Latin America. Hutchison, Kay Bailey // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);3/29/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p6
The article expresses the author's view on the impact of the near transition of the country of Venezuela into a dictatorship and the role of Latin America in fighting against communism.