Israel intel recruiting in Gaza; Abbas set to resign in 2010
- Spooking the spooks. Bartholet, Jeffrey; Maslund, Tom // Newsweek;3/18/1996, Vol. 127 Issue 12, p37
Looks at the frustration in Israel's internal-security force, the Shin Bet, after the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin and the rash of terrorist bombings in early 1996. Results of granting Palestinians self-rule; Failures for the organization; Crackdown on the Palestinian group Hamas, which is...
- Israel's Shin Bet nabs Palestinian terror cell planning Tel Aviv attack. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;12/16/2014, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Israel's Shin Bet security service said it thwarted a Palestinian terror cell planning to carry out a suicide bombing attack in Tel Aviv.
- Eastern Jerusalem Palestinians indicted in firebomb attacks on Israeli targets. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;8/23/2015, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Nine Palestinians from eastern Jerusalem have been indicted for involvement in terrorist attacks against Jews, including throwing firebombs at an Israeli car and homes.
- Shin Bet releases details of murder of Palestinian teen. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;7/14/2014, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Israel's Shin Bet security service released the details of the murder of Palestinian teen Mohammed Abu Khdeir.
- Swedish man of Lebanese descent spied for Hezbollah, Israel charges. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;8/9/2015, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- A Swedish citizen born in Lebanon was charged in Israel with spying for the terrorist group Hezbollah.
- 10 right-wing Jewish activists barred from West Bank. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;8/23/2015, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Israel's Shin Bet security service issued restraining orders to 10 right-wing Jewish activists that it believes have carried out attacks or are planning attacks against Palestinians.
- PALESTINIANS-EUROPE-ISRAELIS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);10/5/2011, Vol. 199 Issue 5189, p6
The article reports that the Palestinian National Council (PNC) has been granted the "Partner for Democracy Status" by the Parliamentary Assembly of Europe's Council. It says that the the status aims to strengthen the relations of Europe with neighboring countries and allows the partners to take...
- Malaysia's Relationship With Israel Gets Frostier. Fayhsal, Wan Ahmad // Foreign Policy in Focus;8/21/2014, p3
The article offers a look at the impact of the ongoing crisis in Gaza on the international relations of Malaysia and Israel. It cited some allegations made by the Israel Security Agency or Shin Bet against Malaysia. Also highlighted is a statement issued by Malaysia's Deputy Home Minister Wan...
- Israel monitoring released Palestinian prisoners for insurgency attacks. // Geo-Strategy Direct;3/28/2012, p5
The article reports that the military in Israel monitors Palestinian prisoners it released in October 2011 to prevent the revival of Hamas in the West Bank. It says that Israel Central Command assessed that Hamas was recruiting Palestinian prisoners for insurgency operations. It states that...