- winner's circle. // People;2/18/2002, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p86
Focuses on the fashionable clothing worn by Afghan President Hamid Karzai.
- Leader Biography. // Afghanistan Country Review;2012, p164
A biography is presented of Hamid Karzai, the president of Afghanistan, which includes information on her family, education, political career and accomplishments in office.
- Leader Biography. // Afghanistan Country Review;2013, p171
A biography is presented of Hamid Karzai, Head of State and Head of Government in Afghanistan, which includes information on his education, his family, and political career.
- Third baby joy for Karzai. // Eastern Eye;3/14/2014, Issue 1242, p22
The article reports that Zinat Karzai, wife of Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai, has given birth to their third child at the Fortis Hospital in New Delhi, India.
- Vote rigging dogs empire. Sulehria, Farooq // Green Left Weekly;10/14/2009, Issue 813, p18
The article analyzes the presidential elections in Afghanistan on August 20, 2009. Bruce Riedel, a senior fellow in the Saban Centre for Middle East policy, says that the outcome of the election has been delegitimised by incumbent President Hamid Karzai's vote. He emphasizes the need of a...
- A Vote for Freedom. // Weekly Reader News - Senior;12/17/2004, Vol. 83 Issue 14, p2
Reports on the October 9, 2004 presidential election in Afghanistan. Attitude of Afghans toward the election; Expectations of the people from the governance of elected President Hamid Karzai; Total number of registered voters who cast their ballots. INSET: Democracy in Iraq?.
- Hamid Karzai. Ratnesar, Romesh; Baker, Arlyn // Time International (South Pacific Edition);9/18/2006, Issue 37, p26
The article features Hamid Karzai, president of Afghanistan. Since becoming Afghan leader nearly five years ago, Karzai has been the face, voice and guiding spirit of the new Afghanistan, an urbane antidote to the depraved rule of the Taliban. Those who have worked with Karzai say he can be...
- The Best Political News of 2004: The Afghan Election. Safire, William // New York Times Upfront;11/29/2004, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p20
Discusses the importance of the first presidential election in Afghanistan to the Afghan people. Efforts of Hamid Karzai to split the ethnic opposition and build a coalition for a winning campaign.
- Elections Update. // Political Intelligence Briefing;5/11/2014, p1
The article offers election news briefs as of May 2014. Presidential election, which was held in Afghanistan on April 5, 2014 with the issue that who would be succeeding the outgoing Afghanistan president Hamid Karzai. Parliamentary election held in Hungary on April 6, 2014. Parliamentary...