FUELING THE FUTURE THROUGH CTE
- New South African building regulations; commercial buildings expected to use renewable energy. // African Business News;11/1/2013, p15
The article informs that the National Building Regulations Act of South Africa mandates buildings complying with the Green Building Council of South Africa green building codes to generate 50% of their hot water by using renewable energy.
- RANT. Smith, Matt // Contract Journal;6/6/2007, Vol. 438 Issue 6628, p64
The author discusses why he disagrees with a scheme related to the use of renewable energy and the construction of sustainable buildings in London, England.
- Calendar. // Tech Directions;Oct2011, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p7
A calendar of events for career and technical education in the U.S. from October to November 2011 is presented including the Technology Education Fall Conference in Oswego, New York, Illinois Technology Education Conference in Normal, and Careers in Construction Week.
- Become an Advocate for Innovative Programs. DeWitt, Stephen // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Oct2009, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p12
In this article the author discusses the international visits of various nations in the U.S., including China, Denmark and Greenland. He explains that these nations aim to learn about the U.S. career and technical education (CTE) system to address the challenges that have not been settled...
- CTE Programs Provide Valuable Lessons. Bray, Jan // Education Week;1/19/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Experts Begin to Identify Nonacademic Skills Key to Success" from the December 23, 2010 issue.
- Re-envisioning Career and Technical Education. // American Educator;Fall2014, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p3
An introduction is presented which focuses on reports in the issue on topics including career and technical education in the U.S., the Toledo Technology Academy in Ohio, and student achievement.
- We Asked, You Answered: Learning from Our CTE Teachers. // American Educator;Fall2014, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p40
Several graphs are presented including one on connections between secondary and postsecondary courses in career and technical education programs in the U.S. in 2014, one on top seven career fields, and one on involvement of employers in the programs.
- CELEBRATING ALL THINGS CTE! Wilson, LeAnn // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Feb2016, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the continued growth and accomplishments of the career and technical education (CTE) community in the U.S. in the wake of the CTE Month in February 2016.
- Natural Instinct. Hughes, Kristine // Teacher Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p7
Looks at sustainable school buildings. Example of the Roy Lee Walker Elementary School in Texas where there is a working windmill which powers an irrigation system that collects rain, stores it and uses it year-round; Examples of green systems at use in public schools; Interest in sustainable...