ReNeuron and StemCells get green light for neural stem cell trials
- Study: Stem-cell research would add 800 jobs to state. // Crain's Detroit Business;9/22/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p26
The article reports that the expanding stem-cell research in Michigan would add nearly 800 jobs in the biotechnology industry. An initiative on the November ballot would overturn the state's ban on research on new stem-cell lines from donated embryos.
- Stem Cell Agency Might Offer Loans. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;2/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the establishment of the taxpayer-funded program "biotech bank" by the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine for the biotechnology industry. It states that the institute provides low interest loans of up to $3 billion for qualified biotechnology companies. The...
- State stem cell research funding agency awards $20 million to UCI, StemCells Inc. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/1/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article presents information on the receiving of grant by StemCells Inc. from stem cell research funding agency for the treatment of cervical spinal cord injury.
- Biotechnology in 2009. Greenwood, Jim // Pharmaceutical Technology;May2009, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p12
The author reflects on the development of new biomedical therapies and its impact to the biotechnology industries in the U.S. He mentions that the development of the new biomedical cures is the result of the federal funding allocation implemented by President Barack Obama for embryonic stem...
- Biotech R&D Sector Job Growth Impressive. KESHAVAN, MEGHANA // San Diego Business Journal;9/2/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the growth of the biotechnology research and development industry in San Diego, California from 2008 to 2012. It mentions the Waltham, Massachusetts-based Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.'s acquisition of Carlsbad, California-based Life Technologies Corp. The article also...
- Stem Cells Can Bring Their Own World. Breindl, Anette // BioWorld Today;2/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 25, Special section p2
The article discusses a study published in the January 22, 2011 issue of "Biomaterials" which successfully engineered intracellular depots in adult stem cells that allow the cells to create their own microenvironment.
- Clinic Roundup. // BioWorld Today;8/5/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 148, p3
The reports focuses on research by therapeutics developer Stemcells Inc. which examined transplantation of its purified human neural stem cells into patients with Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease (PMD).
- Restructuring Roundup. // BioWorld Today;6/5/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 107, p3
The article unveils the plan of StemCells Inc. to close its Stem Cell Sciences facility in Melbourne, Victoria. The closure, according to the company, aims to streamline its operations and reduce its burn rate. The Australian operations of the company will be transferred to its locations in Palo...
- EUREKA? Svoboda, Elizabeth // Fast Company;Mar2008, Issue 123, p53
An interview with Alan Trounson, Australian scientist and president of the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, is presented. The Institute has faced some problems during its first 3-years. Trounson talks about why he left his job at the Monash University, research that is being...