- Contract for America, who's it good for? Markowitz, Arthur // Discount Store News;3/20/95, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p14
Discusses the implications of the initiatives of the United States government to reduce taxes and simplify government regulations. Impact of the legislative initiative to reform tort laws limiting product liability and personal damage lawsuits; Political and economic aspects related to the...
- Why GOP keeps beating tax-cut drum. Thurman, James N. // Christian Science Monitor;8/27/99, Vol. 91 Issue 191, p2
Focuses on how Republicans have used the summer recess to lobby the nation to support their tax cut plan despite polls that show it is low on Americans' list of priorities.
- The phony tax-cut war. Schorr, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;8/27/99, Vol. 91 Issue 191, p11
Editorial. Discusses the Republicans' attempt to gather support for the tax-cutting bill in the hopes that President Bill Clinton will not veto the bill if there is enough public pressure.
- Tax-law changes mean more money to put to work for you. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;8/10/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p18
Discusses the highlights of the U.S. Economic Growth and Tax Reconciliation Act of 2001. Opportunities for financial planning; Creation of a ten percent regular income tax bracket for everyone; Benefits for education individual retirement accounts (IRA); Reduction and repeal of federal estate...
- New Tax Rules Re Certain Investment Fund Managers' Deferred Compensation. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q4, Special section p1
The article discusses the new Section 457A, titled the Nonqualified Deferred Compensation from Tax Indifferent Parties, added through the Section 801 of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 to the Internal Revenue code. The section states that any compensation deferred under a...
- Know an MLP Fund's History and Save: Tax Strategies Scan. // Financial-planning.com;9/24/2015, p8
The article discusses aspects of tax-related investment strategies along with the increase number of clients seeking tax-free safety in the U.S.
- Tax law change spurs growth. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/31/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p27
Focuses on the change in the federal tax law that allows companies to deduct equipment expenses in year of purchase. U.S. President George W. Bush' attempt to stimulate the economy after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Implications for small companies, such as AIT Laboratories.
- Crossroads finds public Support for Obama's tax on wealthy. // Hill;10/24/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 145, p24
An excerpt from the article regarding the memorandum released by political group Crossroads GPS which show that 64% Americans polled are in favor of tax hikes on individuals who earn not less than 200,000 dollars that was published by The Hill's on the Money Blog is presented.
- Recent Major Action In The Congress. // Congressional Digest;May75, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p129
Focuses on changes made by the U.S. Congress during an Easter recess that was held from March 26, 1975 to April 7, 1975, regarding taxation policies and standby gasoline rationing and fuel conservation bill . Highlights of tax reductions made by the Congress; Reasons behind the conflict between...