A Classroom's Social Network
- With Friends Like These, You May Need a Lawyer. HALTOM, BILL // Tennessee Bar Journal;Oct2010, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p38
The article offers the author's insight on the prevalent use of the social networking web site Facebook in the U.S. He examines several legal consequences resulting from Facebook misuse including defamation, civil suits, and criminal charges. He points out that thousands of students in the...
- OVERVIEW OF RESEARCH ON CROSS-CULTURAL IMPACT ON SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES. Vitkauskaite, Elena // Economics & Management;2010, p844
Such social networking sites as MySpace, Facebook, Cyworld, and Bebo since the moment of their introduction have attracted millions of users, many of whom have integrated these sites into their daily practices. However none of these sites are equally popular across cultures. This article...
- Student Marketing 2.0: Tapping into Social Networks. Allocca, Jerry // Recruitment & Retention in Higher Education;Mar2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses the social networking sites as communication tool for university students and administration. Published in "Campus Technology," National Research Center for College & University Admissions found that 75% of surveyed college students prefer to interact with admissions...
- Exploring Facebook's Effect on Retention and Transfer. Kattner, Therese // Recruitment & Retention in Higher Education;Mar2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p2
The article explores the effects of the social networking site Facebook.com from Facebook Inc. to student retention and transfer. It examines the observations of Gina-Lyn Crance, vice president for student affairs and dean of students at Albright College in Pennsylvania in which she notes the...
- Facebook and other Pandora's boxes. Weaver, Anne // Access (10300155);Nov2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p24
The article offers information on the use of Facebook and other social networking sites in schools. It says that Facebook is considered the most popular social networking sites founded in February 2004. It states that though irresponsible use of Facebook can adversely affect a school's...
- THE NEIGHBORHOOD NEWS. // New York;11/1/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p12
This section offers news briefs in New York City as of November 2010 including the discovery of a 1914 "Times" article on residents who were upset about student parties at New York University by a blogger, an accident caused by a man who hot-wired an empty school bus in Bath Beach, and the...
- It's summer and I'm bored. Simon, Christy // Campus Life;July/Aug97, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p9
Features an article about student summer vacation. Relaxation at home; Household chores activities; Accomplishments at home.
- School zone. Lange, George // Seventeen;May95, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p107
Presents photographs of school fashion trends in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Student population's profile; Organizations; Traditions.
- Going to School. Hall, Cyndy // Faces;Mar2001, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on school customs and habits in Great Britain.