- Prison: shield from threat, or threat to survival? Ross, Michael; Grossman, Ashley B.; Murdoch, Stephen; Bundey, Ruth; Golding, Joanne; Purchase, Simon; Munyard, Terry; Scott, Michael; Bridger, Alan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/23/94, Vol. 308 Issue 6936, p1092
Focuses on the implications of the HIV outbreak in prisons on national public health in Great Britain. Threats to the government's HIV control program; Recognition of HIV infection; Medical services in prisons.
- Quarterly communicable disease review January to March 1999. Anon // Journal of Public Health Medicine;Sep1999, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p348
The article presents briefs related to public health in Great Britain. The British Health Department issued revised guidance on the management of HIV-infected health care workers, dividing the exposure-prone procedures into higher and lower risk categories. Influenza and influenza-like illness...
- The MYSTERY of HIV/AIDS. // Current Health 1;Nov2003, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p26
Presents information on HIV/AIDS.
- AIDS costs in Trinidad and Tobago. Henry, Ralph; Newton, Elizabeth // Studies in Comparative International Development;Winter95, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p68
Studies the emergence of human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) in Trinidad and Tobago. Increase in HIV/AIDS cases from 1983 to 1992; Effects of the cost of the disease to on the economy; projected increase in HIV/AIDS cases.
- The Scourge of HIV/AIDS in Africa and the Church's Response. Nguru, Godfrey M. // Transformation (02653788);Oct2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p245
Delves into the issue of HIV and AIDS in Africa. History of the disease; Impact on the African society; Discussion of selected issues related to HIV/AIDS; Response of the church to the situation.
- Aids update. Csatari, Jeffrey // Men's Health;Mar96, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p54
Presents information on topics related to the acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), and the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Supporting AIDS research with use of Rainbow Visa Card; Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) approval of anti-HIV drug Epivir; AIDS activists' views of AIDS...
- The Invisible Epidemic. // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p3
Provides information on the AIDS/HIV epidemic worldwide.
- HIV doesn't cause AIDS. Jueneman, Frederic B. // R&D Magazine;May96 Supplement, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p11LS
Discusses the association between HIV retrovirus and AIDS. Number of diseases that fall under AIDS; Ratio of HIV-positive people to the rest of the population worldwide; High-risk groups to HIV.
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2002, p746
Presents an overview of AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome), a disease which is caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Symptoms of the disease; Risk behaviors that may contribute to the body's ability to fight disease; Drugs that have been approved by United States Food and...