Globalisation's under the lash
- Challenge of the century. Cox, George // Director (00123242);Jul2002 Supplement, Vol. 55, p6
Examines several issues associated with the globalization of trade. Definition of globalization; Advantages and disadvantages of globalization; Challenge of creating wealth and alleviating poverty.
- THE BACKLASH COMETH. // Foreign Policy;Sep/Oct2001, Issue 126, p2
Presents an overview of the contents of the September 2001 issue of the journal 'Foreign Policy'. Issue on trade liberalization; Views of Americans toward economic globalization; Pros and cons of globalization.
- Working-Class Internationalism Beyond Slogans. Gindin, Sam // Canadian Dimension;May/Jun2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p30
Discusses issues on globalization and free trade agreements in Canada. Vulnerability of workers to the weakening of organizations and prospects for internationalized solidarity; Goal of a three-part strategy for the project of the country with the U.S. and Mexico in the automobile industry;...
- 'Free Trade' Is Not About Trade. Shniad, Sid // Canadian Dimension;May/Jun2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p34
Focuses on the free trade agreement between Canada and the U.S. Reaction of the civil society on free trade and corporate-driven globalization; Discussion of unrelated issues in the agreement; Mandate on the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade to reduce tariffs on internationally traded goods.
- The Cultural is Political: A Different Look At The FTAA. Cloutier, Rachelle // Canadian Dimension;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on different aspects of the Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA). Aim of the FTAA; Myths and realities about globalization and regionalism; Linkage between Canada's trade and culture; Cultural survival of Canada in FTAA.
- Globalization, labour market institutions and wage structure. Barth, Erling; Moene, Kalle // Nordic Economic Policy Review;2013, p7
An introduction is presented in which the editors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including globalization, the effect of trade liberalization on unemployment, and how offshoring affects labor market outcomes.
- Facing new challenges. // Finance Week;4/26/2002, p34
Reports the challenges faced by farmers in South Africa. Statistics on food expenditure; Performance of the agricultural sector; Impact of globalization and trade liberalization on the agricultural industry.
- Tear Down the Wall: Towards a Truly Global World. // Economic Review (05318955);Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 32 Issue 9/10, p3
Focuses on the factors affecting the realization of globalization. Economic interaction of one country to another; Democratization of globalization; Elimination of the wall obstructing free trade of goods and labor from developing nations.
- THE ABC OF 'FREE-TRADE' AGREEMENTS. Reuss, Alejandro // Dollars & Sense;Jan/Feb2001, Issue 233, p24
Deals with issues concerning free trade or globalization. Concerns raised by international institutions; Immediate effects of the resistance to globalization.