- Obama Administration Launches College Scorecard. Duncan, Arne // Whitehouse Blog;2013, p394
A blog entry originally published on the official blog of the U.S. Department of Education about the decision of the administration of President Barack Obama to release an interactive College Scorecard that can help parents and students in selecting the college or university that is right for...
- Stacking the deck for the poor. Viteritti, Joseph P. // Brookings Review;Summer96, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on school choice in the United States. Comparison with other controversies in American education; Fears of a skimming effect; Approaches to school choice; Legal issues.
- A primer on choice in education: Part I--how choice works. // Education;Summer90, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p520
Part I. Focuses on school choice as a way to improve the performance of schools. Competition issues; Education-choice proposals.
- For some, school choice is last hope. Hodge, Sharon Brooks // Headway;Oct97, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p7
Focuses on school choice programs from different states in United States as the end resort for people who wants to avail of education services. Milwaukee Parental Choice system; School choice program of Minnesota; Enactment of the charter school legislation in North Carolina.
- From the publisher. Richardson, Willie A. // Headway;Oct97, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p4
Suggests to expand school choice opportunities to every state in the United States. Some grin statistics concerning the state of Dallas public schools cited by Dallas pastor Rev. Raymond Brandt at the National School Choice Organizers Conference; Two major arguments that have been advanced by...
- Public choice in education: Markets and the demand for quality education. Smith, Kevin B.; Meier, Kenneth J. // Political Research Quarterly;Sep95, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p461
Argues against the basic assumptions supporting school choice. Whether market forces can improve education through the mechanism of competition; Determinants of public school enrollment; Determinants of public school performance.
- Milwaukee choice plan goes to court. // Teacher Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the ruling of the Wisconsin Supreme Court prohibiting the expansion of Milwaukee's school choice program to religious schools. Oppositionists claim that the extension of the program violates the state and the United States constitutions; Optimism of the program proponents of a...
- Be school smart. Matthews, Richard // Country Journal;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p21
Discusses how parents can select the right school for their child. School visits; Class size and test scores; Professional staff; Parental involvement. INSET: Good high schools provide diversity..
- Public schools: Chance or choice? Simms, Margaret C. // Black Enterprise;May93, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p49
States that African-American children are falling further behind in public schools in the United States and discusses ways to counter this trend. Education goals of President Bill Clinton; Decline of the federal role in education in the last 13 years; Effect on elementary and secondary...