Tough sledding ahead for econ package
- Aftermarket groups urge right-to-repair act passage. Moore, Miles // Tire Business;10/14/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p4
No abstract available.
- DOA. Moore, Miles // Tire Business;3/26/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p0001
The article reports on the withdrawal of a bill that required tire makers and retailers in Maryland to inform consumers of a tire's age from the state legislature, after an unfavorable report on the bill was issued by a subcommittee of the Maryland House Economic Affairs Committee.
- Maryland tire age bill gains no traction, dies. Moore, Miles // Rubber & Plastics News;4/2/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p0021
The article reports that the bill HB 729 introduced by delegate Benjamin F. Kramer, that requires tire makers and retailers in Maryland to inform consumers of a tire's age, has not been approved by the state legislature.
- Senate to vote on class action reform. // Tire Business;9/1/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p4
The U.S. Senate has tentatively set the week of September 8, 2003 to vote on a bill that would make sweeping changes to the nation's class-action lawsuit system. In the version of the legislation the House passed in June 2003, any class action involving more than $5 million worth of claims would...
- Alabama weighs tire bill to fund troopers. Moore, Miles // Waste News;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p67
Reports on Alabama legislators' efforts to seek a compromise over a bill to place a fee on all new tires sold in the states to fund the hiring of state troopers. Objections to the proposed tire fees; Shortage of state troopers in the state.
- TREAD Act continues to affect industry. Moore, Miles // Tire Business;12/17/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p13
Focuses on the effect of Transportation Recall Efficiency, Accountability and Documentation (TREAD) Act on the tire industry in the United States. Provisions of the act; Reactions on the tire monitoring regulations; Sale of defective tires, vehicles and parts.
- Alabama OKs scrap tire bill. Moore, Miles // Rubber & Plastics News;6/30/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p7
The Alabama legislature has passed a scrap tire bill that establishes the state's first scrap tire fund and sets strict standards for tire storage and abatement. The Rubber Manufacturers Association, which worked closely with the Alabama Scrap Tire Study Commission to create and promote the...
- Right to Repair rears its ugly head. // Tire Business;4/9/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p0006
The author reflects on the ugly side of the Right to Repair bill in the U.S., a bill which require auto makers to make the same repair and diagnostic information provided to dealerships available to independent repair shops for a fair price online.
- There's a better way to cut fuel use. // Tire Business;6/9/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p8
The article focuses on a bill proposed by legislators in California to reduce fuel consumption and lower the nation's dependence on oil. The bill would direct the state to develop a program requiring replacement passenger and light truck tires to be as energy efficient as original equipment...