Turning to Twitter to fix restaurant complaints
- the travel hub. // Travel Weekly (UK);8/14/2009, p27
A quotation from a member of the networking site, www.travelweekly.co.uk/travelhub, on Carnivore restaurant in Nairobi, is discussed.
- Fanbook. Coster, Helen // Forbes Asia;1/28/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p43
This article focuses on the move of Sabena Puri, restaurateur and owner of Junnoon, a classy Indian restaurant in Palo Alto, California, to make Junnoon a spot at the social networking site Facebook. The move is in response to her knowing that most of its customers use Facebook to update on each...
- Social networking sites for restaurants create spaces for insiders to connect. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;2/25/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the proliferation of online social networks for the restaurant and foodservice industry. Foodservice portals, BiteClub.com and FohBoh.com are designed to connect cooks, servers, managers, owners, vendors and consumers. BiteClub allows users to create their own profiles,...
- twitter HOSPITALITY'S TOP TWEETS. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/21/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4661, p18
Several microblogs are discussed including one on Michelin stars-rating for British restaurants and one on the birth of baby boys of two staffers at Le Manoir in London, England.
- La MobilitÃ© de la Notion de Face dans la Pratique du Restaurant des Chinois. YANG Xiaomin // Canadian Social Science;8/31/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p267
The restaurant is an important public place in Chinese daily life. It is as much family sociability and friendly sociability that professional. This is also the place where you can observe all interactions stimulated by the notion of face. Through the choice of restaurant and the dishes,...
- TABLE TALK. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/16/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4790, p21
The article looks at some of the issues discussed at the social networking site Table Talk, which include new menu dishes from chef Simon Hulstone, the opening of chef Jon Coomb's Pendleton Restaurant in Surrey, England, and chef Heston Blumenthal's visit to the Elephant Restaurant in early...
- SHIFTING TO SOCIAL MEDIA ILLEGAL JACKS, EDINBURGH. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/18/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4704, p29
The article offers information on the use of social networking websites as part oft heir marketing strategy by restaurant Illegal Jack's South West Grill.
- FINDING DINNER ON THE SOCIAL NETWORK. Neumann, Patti // Baltimore Jewish Times;3/21/2014, Vol. 337 Issue 3, p36
The article discusses the potential of social networking websites such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram of business promotion and mentions the posts of diners on daily deals on such websites.
- 7 Tips For Social Media on a Budget. D'Elosua, Sandy // Restaurant Hospitality Exclusive Insight;1/11/2012, p2
The article offers tips and ideas on managing social media with limited budget and manpower in the restaurant industry. It emphasizes the importance of time commitment and dedication, and monitoring affordable tools to managing social media. The relevance of listening and responding, and brand...