- Golf tournament helps cancer research. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/05/96, Vol. 43 Issue 32, p51
Reports on the University Medical Center at Stony Brook, New York's sponsoring of a golf tournament to raise funds for cancer research.
- UMC building ambulatory care clinic. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;07/21/97, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p22
Reports on the construction of University Medical Center of Southern Nevada's Ernst F. Lied Ambulance Care Clinic. Ground breaking schedule; Sources of the project's fund; Importance of outpatient clinics to hospital campuses.
- UMC ranks among nation's best in cancer, rheumatology. // Inside Tucson Business;7/17/95, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p11
Reports that the University Medical Center (UMC) is one of the top hospitals in the United States in cancer and rheumatology care areas, according to the `U.S. News & World Report' periodical's July 24 issue. Ranking of 128 hospitals from 32 states and Washington D.C., in 16 specialty areas;...
- Human resources. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;3/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p28
Announces the national conference hosted by the University Medical Center in Tucson, Arizona. `Patient Centered Care: Operational Redesign' to be held on June 6-7, 1994; Contact person and number.
- UMC says it's due rebates for pharmaceutical business. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;07/15/96, Vol. 13 Issue 42, p22
Reports on the demand of University Medical Center (UMC) of Southern Nevada officials for the federal government to give back money which is allegedly due them from pharmaceutical purchases. Representation agreement approved by the Clark County Commission which acts as UMC's board of trustees.
- New UMC quick care center coming. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;03/17/97, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p31
Reports on the Las Vegas-based University Medical Center of Southern Nevada's plans to open a quick care medical facility in November 1997.
- Under new authority. Moore, J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;2/17/97, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p44
Reports that public university hospital owners in Kansas are making every effort to make their hospitals more viable without surrendering them to the private sector. Conversion of the University of Cincinnati Hospital into a private not-for-profit facility; Need for university hospitals to...
- North Shore Hospital has new partner, new status. Goldberg, Carol // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/4/94, Vol. 41 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the partnership agreement between North Shore University Hospital and New York University. Termination of North Shore's alliance with New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center; Establishment of learning facilities in Long Island; Failure of negotiations with Stony Brook.
- Stony Brook unveils new design for hospital. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/31/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 47, p5A
Reports on the design of the Stony Brook University Hospital in New York. Replacement of the original frontage; Renovation of the operating rooms; Completion of the cardiac care unit.