Rewriting the Rules
- From Melting Pot to Centrifuge. Schier, Steven E. // Brookings Review;Winter2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p16
Discusses the impact of the changes in politics in the United States (U.S.) on immigrants. Background on politics in the U.S. in the 19th and 20th centuries; Why most election campaigns ignore immigrants; Two goals that must guide election reform; Rational method for addressing the myriad of...
- Coalition built on shifting Sands? Miller, Bill // PA Times;Jul2002, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p8
Reports the counterproductive actions taken by the U.S. government on the worldwide anti-terrorism coalition. Nullification on the International Criminal Court treaty; Opposition on the proposal regarding family planning, children's rights, and reproductive health issues; Incidence of assault...
- GM concerns don't count. // Ecologist;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p28
Reports that the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush is ruthlessly exploiting the tragedy of the September 11, 2001 by presenting contentious issues through the prism of its war on terrorism.
- Capital Briefs. // Human Events;6/17/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 23, p2
Presents news briefs concerning the U.S. government, as of June 2002. Reactions to the plan of U.S. President George W. Bush to relax clean air restrictions on power plants; Information on efforts to compile a list of law/lobbying firms, associations and companies; Results of a study on the...
- Upfront QUIZ 1. // New York Times Upfront (Teacher's Edition);12/13/2002, Vol. 135 Issue 6, pT5
Presents a quiz regarding the anti-terrorism efforts of the U.S. government.
- Deal or No Deal: Will Immigration Reform Survive the Roadblocks of the Past? Landa, Nancy // La Prensa San Diego;4/5/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p6
The author comments on how anti-terrorism efforts by the U.S. government have hindered immigration reform.
- While America Slept. // Wilson Quarterly;Winter2002, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p81
Presents several articles that have discussed the failure of the United States to focus on antiterrorism policies and initiatives. Political conditions which led to the failure of U.S. to formulate antiterrorist strategies, by Martha Crenshaw, from the 2001 issue of the 'Studies in Conflict and...
- Gaza's Present Is West Bank Prologue. Langfan, Mark // Maccabean;Jul2014, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p5
The article examines how the unilateral cease fire proposed by the U.S. government in 2014 will affect Israeli defense arrangements installed to prevent terrorist attacks from Gaza.
- Ant Farm. Payne, James L. // American Conservative;4/9/2007, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p26
The author reflects on how the U.S. government can handle the problem of terrorism. The author cites an analogy from the ant kingdom that can be used in the battle against terrorism. According to the author, the most important move the U.S. can make to diminish Islamic terrorism is to step back...