The need for better sex education
- Use of a Sexual Abstinence Only Curriculum with Sexually Active Youths. Zanis, David A. // Children & Schools;Jan2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p59
Examines the outcomes of a sexual abstinence only (SAO) education curriculum provided to predominantly sexually active youths in an alternative school program. Methods used; Pretest and posttest responses of sexually active compared with abstinent students; Impact of SAO curriculum on the...
- sex ed 101. Couture, Joseph // Guide;Oct2007, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses the highlights of the course Psychology 103, which is offered at the University of Western Ontario.
- Opponents won't appeal decision on Montgomery County sex ed. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/13/2008, Issue 1055, p28
The article reports that a group called Citizens for a Responsible Curriculum won't appeal a ruling on sex education in favor of the school system in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- Beyond awkward. McCann, Marcus // Xtra (Toronto);5/6/2010, Issue 666, p7
In this article the author comments on the new sex education curriculum in Ontario.
- THE DISPUTED TEXT. // Xtra (Toronto);5/6/2010, Issue 666, p15
This article presents the text of the Grade 3 curriculum about human development and sexual health in Ontario.
- How We Improved Our Sex Education Program. Edgemon, Albert W.; Thomas, William R. // Educational Leadership;Dec79, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p256
Focuses on the development of sex and family life education curriculum. Views of parents on the development of sex education curriculum; Guidelines for the development of sex education curriculum Approval of the sex education curriculum; Implementation of the sex education curriculum.
- Gender work revisited. Handlin, Diane // Independent School;Spring94, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p51
Reports on the author's experiences on introducing gender issues into the curriculum of the New Jersey based Pingry School. Opposition; Presentations; Instructional methods.
- Sexual health education at your fingertips. Neale, Prunella // Practice Nursing;Oct2008, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p513
A description of the web-based education programme "Sexual Health IN>PRACTICE" is provided.
- Towards a psycho-social theoretical framework for sexual health promotion. Wight, D; Abraham, C; Scott, S // Health Education Research;Sep1998, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p317
Outlines some key theoretical insights on the development of sex education program in Scottish schools. Social influences of sexual behavior; Theoretical understanding on sexual interaction and social contexts of social behavior; Interventions designed to promote safer sexual behavior among...