- The Feds Take On Airport Security. Tumulty, Karen // Time;11/26/2001, Vol. 158 Issue 23, p77
Focuses on the method used by United States Senator Trent Lott to convince members of the U.S. Congress to pass aviation-security legislation following terrorist attacks against the U.S. Negotiations which took place in which Lott suggested a compromise between Republican and Democratic agendas...
- Can-do ideas. Ross Range, Peter // Blueprint;Oct2005, Vol. 2005 Issue 4, p1
Introduces several articles on various political issues and events in the U.S. featured in the October 2005 issue of "Blueprint."
- HYSTERIA. // America;12/27/1941, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p322
The article comments on the letter wrote by a citizen to his Congressman regarding his dislikes on the political events in the U.S. and suggested to impeach the President and replace the Congress. It claims that the citizen's thinking is somewhat muddled and his letter have gravely disturb the...
- Behind stimulus plan: economic and political gains. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;10/15/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 224, p21
Looks at economics and politics in the United States, and efforts of Congress to develop an economic stimulus package to help revive the U.S. economy.
- EXERCISING THEIR RIGHTS: NATIVE AMERICAN NATIONS OF THE UNITED STATES ENHANCING POLITICAL SOVEREIGNTY THROUGH RATIFICATION OF THE ROME STATUTE. Kiefer, Kristoffer P. // Syracuse Journal of International Law & Commerce;Spring2005, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p345
Discusses the efforts of several Native American nations to enhance their political sovereignty as of 2005. State of the relationship between the U.S. and the tribal nations; Possible international ramifications of the U.S. allowing Native American nations their sovereignty.
- A Call for Unifying the Left. // Guild Notes;Winter2002, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p12
Presents an excerpt of the speech of Barbara Dudley on the unity of Democrats, Republicans and Leftists in the U.S. government. Description of the political strategy of Barry Goldwater; Accounts on the protests made by the leftists on the reduction of marginal tax rate of rich individuals;...
- SCHOLASTIC News Vol. 77 No. 8 November 14, 2008. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6 (Teacher's Edition);11/14/2008, Vol. 77 Issue 8, pT1
The article presents a guide to teaching political science subjects featured in the November 14, 2008 issue of "Scholastics News." The issue focuses on how social science students should understand the basic values and principles of U.S. democracy, such as how voting Is a fundamental practice on...
- Reversal of Fortunes. Vaida, Bara; Munro, Neil; Stone, Peter H. // National Journal;11/11/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p94
The article assesses the tactics used by labor and Left-leaning groups during the November 7, 2006 U.S. election. Labor and other liberal interest groups have learned from their opponents. After two previous election cycles in which conservative and business interests deployed superior...
- Yes, That Was a Wave. Cook, Charlie // National Journal;11/18/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 46/47, p80
This article criticizes those in the conservative side of the political community in the U.S. who wants to deny the message voters made based on the results of the 2006 midterm elections. It explains that those who have been making a living writing and analyzing the politics in the country are...