IS YOUR CHILD A TARGET OF BULLIES?
- Boy Scouts vs. Bullies. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;2/22/2008, Vol. 77 Issue 20, p2
The article reports on the effort of the Boy Scouts of America to train Boy Scouts how to deal with bullies. The organization added a new section to its handbook. Boy Scouts must demonstrate, or show, that they know how to handle bullies. It advises new scouts to rehearse, or practice, what to...
- Schools aim for bullying awareness. MAGAW, TIMOTHY // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/29/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p13
The article focuses on efforts being taken by the U.S. to control the incidents of harassment and bullying in college campuses. It informs that on November 18, 2010, the U.S. senator Frank Lautenberg and representative Rush Holt have introduced legislation, under which colleges will receive...
- Pursuring Peace -- Enlisting Students in the Battle Against Bias. Bradley, Elizabeth H. // Education Digest;Dec2007, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p49
The article reports on the Student Leadership Project (SLP) used by the Lewiston School System in Lewiston, Maine to address potential conflict rising from an influx of Somali immigrants. It discusses the program in which students actively participate in the prevention of bullying and harassment...
- Bullying: What You Need to Know. Bennett, Alex // Kentucky English Bulletin;Fall2014, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p43
The article discusses the impact of bullying on people's lives and ways to end it. Topics discussed include the definition of bullying which is the continuous harassment of an individual, examples of direct and indirect bullying, and impact of bullying on both the victims and bullies. Also...
- There's no place for hate. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);1/25/2012, Vol. 109 Issue 42, p3B
The article offers information on the No Place for Hate campaign of the Hays County Independent School District (CISD), which is against student bullying.
- Mustangs students accept 'Rachel's Challenge' Cullen, Jim // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);11/3/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 31, p3B
The article reports on the schoolwide assembly organized by the Dahlstrom Middle School in Buda, Texas for the anti-bullying program Rachel's Challenge, during which eighth and seventh grade students shared lessons with sixth graders to eliminate prejudice, use kind words in every conversation...
- New website designed to help teenagers stop bullying. // Graham Leader;7/1/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 92, p9B
The article offers information on the free availability of a web based anti-bullying program "I Choose" by Yoursphere.com to motivate school children to end bullying practices and to direct them to embrace good social values.
- Meet the New Sheriff. McCabe, Suzanne // Junior Scholastic;3/19/2012, Vol. 114 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses bullying in schools and informs that new anti-bullying legislation has recently come into effect in New Jersey and Massachusetts and 48 states now have anti-bullying statutes in U.S.
- Bully Busters. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;4/1/2011, Vol. 80 Issue 21, p2
The article reports on the efforts of fourth graders at the C. A. Farley Elementary school to stop bullying through staging of plays that demonstrate situations where bullying occurs and how to deal with such behavior.