Hapag-Lloyd in offset first
- ECA Q&A. Schwartzman, M. T. // Cruise Travel;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p50
The article presents questions and answers related to an Emission Control Area (ECA) including its definition, location and impact on cruise lines.
- Hapag-Lloyd box boost. Carding, Tony // Traffic World;05/19/97, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p44
Reports on the increased container box traffic to North America by Hapag-Lloyd AG in 1996. Profit generated by the reorganized structure of the company's container shipping business as an independent subsidiary; Comments from Hapag officials.
- Hapag-Lloyd settles. Brennan, Terry // Traffic World;8/12/96, Vol. 247 Issue 6, p44
Reports that Hapag-Lloyd AG has reached a settlement with its unions by ending a threat to reflag its 21-containersheep fleet under the German international registry. Savings to be generated from the settlement; Features of the company's settlement with its unions; Chairman Bernd Werde's...
- Hapag-Lloyd to acquire 10 new containerships. Brennan, Terry // Traffic World;11/20/95, Vol. 244 Issue 8, p32
Reports that Hapag-Lloyd AG plans to expand its containership fleet by more than 50 percent at the cost of $700 million. Projected increase in container cargo; Germany's tax incentive for shipbuilding; Company's effort to cut operating costs.
- RADAR SCREEN. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/23/2007, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p8
The article presents news briefs on the transportation industry. Customs and Border Protection officials have informed Washington trade associations about the implementation of the 10+2 initiative. A.P. Moller-Maersk which has tried to undermine the rumors that it may acquire Hapag-Lloyd from...
- Hapag-Lloyd Posts Profit. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/20/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the 133 million dollars operating profit posted by the German carrier Hapag-Lloyd in 2011, which is less than the 770 million dollars it posted in 2010.
- New frontrunner in Berlitz guide. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/19/2013, Issue 3066, p14
The article reports that the ship Europa 2 of Hapag Lloyd, a German transportation company, has been classed as the top-rated ship in the new Berlitz cruise guide.
- Hapag-Lloyd hands itself over. Fabey, Michael // Traffic World;09/08/97, Vol. 251 Issue 10, p37
Reports that Hapag-Lloyd AG has signed contracts to become the property of Germany's Preussag AG conglomerate. Terms under the friendly takeover; Comments of shippers and Hapag's partners on the deal.
- Record Profit Improves Hapag-Lloyd Outlook. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/16/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p6
The article reports that German carrier Hapag-Lloyd may be able to return the government bailout package it received in 2009 after it posted a record 294 million U.S. dollars in profit in the second quarter of 2010, according to statements by part-owner TUI.