Rallying 'round the flag
- See no evil. McCormick, Patrick // U.S. Catholic;Jul2002, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p46
Comments on the efforts of the U.S. government to control the media coverage of the terrorisms and wars around the world. Increase of motion pictures about war and terrorism; Role of the U.S. in the war against terrorism; Restriction imposed by the U.S. Department of Defense to journalists;...
- Dangerous Talk. Stolyarova, Galina // Transitions Online;4/19/2010, p3
The article reflects on the proposal to ban interviewing or quoting terrorists in the media in Russia. It mentions that the United Russia government had accused the media for demonizing the security forces, raising panic in the society, and embellishing the image of the terrorists. Deputy...
- TERRORISM-MEDIA. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);1/6/2010, Vol. 190 Issue 4762, p12
The article reports on the significance of battling terrorism through media in Arab countries. According to director of media council in United Arab Emirates (UAE), Saker Ghabbash, the role of media programs is important since the media addresses equivocalness, confusion and uncertainty in...
- Supplying Terrorists the 'Oxygen of Publicity'. Dettmer, Jamie // Insight on the News;7/15/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p47
Discusses the relationship between mass media publicity and the war on terrorism led by the U.S. Ways to defeat insurgency or terrorist groups; Impact of the mass media coverage of terrorism on the public.
- What it will take to win. Zuckerman, Mortimer B. // U.S. News & World Report;11/12/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 20, p72
Editorial. Discusses how national morale in the United States depends on clear and effective public communication. Examples of New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld; How anxiety is magnified by the media; Issue of public officials issuing frequent, unspecific...
- FIGHT FIRE WITH FUNNY. Brachman, Jarret // Newsweek;8/23/2010, Vol. 156 Issue 8/9, p11
The article discusses why the U.S. should use more humor and ridicule in its efforts to combat the Al Qaeda terrorist organization. The author came to this realization after seeing a video in which Al Qaeda figure Ayman al-Zawahiri used humor to convey his message. In his view Al Qaeda is very...
- TERRORISMO Y CINE ENTRE LA PARANOIA Y LA FASCINACIÃ“N. CARMEN GARCÉS, MARÍA DEL // Revista Istmo;mar/abr2013, Vol. 55 Issue 325, p86
No abstract available.
- Events nixed as H'wood security stays tight. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;9/26/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 18, p1
Reports the cancellation of Hollywood movie events due to tight security measures following the United States terrorist attack in Los Angeles, California. Security measures employed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation; Limitations in studio routes; List of cancelled Hollywood events.
- Film fever. // Sight & Sound;Nov96, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p3
Editorial. Discusses the gap persisting between political culture and film culture; Cultural posturings of political candidates; Criticism against Bob Dole for praising `Independence Day' and British Member of Parliament Kim Howells for his remarks about the film industry; Political issues...