Stem Cells: Medical Miracle--Moral Dilemma
- Investors eye stem cells with caution after Bush decision. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;8/20/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p1
Focuses on the decision of President George W. Bush to limit the federal funding for stem cell research in the United States. Reservation of capitalists to invest for stem cell researches; Effects of the decision to pension funds and endowments; Eagerness of researches to work with stem cells.
- Stem Cell RESEARCH. Clarke, Wayne L. // Countdown;Fall2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on the financial struggle of stem cell research in the U.S. Debate over federal funding of the science curing Type 1 diabetes and other diseases; Objections of pro-life advocates; Address of President George W. Bush on stem cell research. INSET: Advocating for Stem Cell Research Funding.
- What is all this noise about stem-cell research? Maham // Chemical Business;Nov2001, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p11
Focuses on the controversies regarding the stem cell research in the U.S. Development of federal funds for research; Ability of rebuilding bones in patients; Demonstration of safety in treating disease.
- NEXT BATTLE IN THE STEM-CELL WAR. Munro, Neil // National Journal;9/1/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p2676
Focuses on the proposed federal funding for embryonic stem cell research in the United States. Views of Tommy G. Thompson, Health and Human Services Secretary, on research funding; Opposition on the proposed research funds; Amount of federal fund proposed for the research; Issues surrounding...
- PATENTS, PROFITS, AND THE STEM-CELL DEBATE. Munro, Neil // National Journal;8/4/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p2498
Explores the issue on federal funding of stem-cell research in the United States. Impact of funding the research; Potential sources of stem cells; Issue that could have profound effects on the commercialization of regenerative medicine.
- Death by Neglect. Faloon, William // Life Extension;Dec2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p7
Addresses the issue of the United States government's alleged failure to provide adequate funding for life extension research. American presidents who have died due to old age or age-related diseases; Potential of embryonic stem cell research to provide life extension benefits to Americans;...
- Stem Cell Update. // America;2/26/2007, Vol. 196 Issue 7, p4
The article discusses developments related to stem cell research. A report about cells derived from the amniotic fluid of pregnant women having same potential for growing into tissues that could be used for treatments was released by the Institute for Regenerative Medicine at Wake Forest...
- Stem-cell decision is no threat to federal science funding. Casey, Samuel B. // Nature;9/2/2010, Vol. 467 Issue 7311, p27
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article regarding the implications of federal government funding on human embryonic cell stem-cell research to science funding of the government in the 2010 issue.
- Stem cells: a new plan of attack. Harris, Jason // Hem/Onc Today;5/25/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p1
The article explores the possible implications of the decision by U.S. President Barack Obama to lift the ban on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research on the development of new targeted therapies in oncology in 2009.