Spreading Hunger Strike Nafha prison becomes a political rallying point
- Hungry for Freedom. Szremski, Kristin // Islamic Horizons;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p45
The article reports that about 2,000 Palestinian political prisoners ended their hunger strike on May 15, 2012 after several of their demands were granted by the Israeli Prison Service. Details of events that led to hunger strikes of Palestinians in Israeli prisons are provided. Some of the...
- Former hunger-striking Palestinian prisoner released. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;12/23/2013, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Palestinian prisoner Samer Issawi, who gained attention for his eight-month hunger strike, was released a second time from an Israeli jail.
- Palestinian prisoners suspend hunger strike. KATSINERIS, STEVEN // Green Left Weekly;8/28/2013, Issue 979, p13
The article informs that the Palestinian prisoners have hold their Jordanian citizenship which have suspended their hunger strike following concessions from the Israeli prison authorities to allow regular family visits from their family members in Jordan.
- PRESOS DE GRAPO EN UNA PRISIÃ“N DE MÃXIMA SEGURIDAD: LUCHA Y RESISTENCIA EN HERRERA DE LA MANCHA (1979-1983). Parra Iñesta, Eduardo // Historia Contemporanea;2016, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p693
The Grupos de Resistencia Antifascista Primero de Octubre, GRAPO, were one of the tragic characters of the Spanish Transition. They were born as a left wing of the Spanish Comunist Party, with the name PCE (r), they finally developed a military branch from 1975. After the detentions of their...
- The Rabbi Who Visited Death Row. JACOBS, SONIA // Tikkun;Fall2014, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p15
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of meeting Rabbi Chaim Richter at a maximum-security women's prison in Florida.
- Hunger strikers resist occupation. Katsineris, Steven // Green Left Weekly;3/13/2013, Issue 957, p18
The article focuses on the hunger strike started by Palestinian political prisoners in order to protest against their unfair detentions and mistreatment in the jails of Israel. According to Palestinian political prisoner and hunger striker Samer Issawi, he will continue hunger strike till his...
- Palestinian political prisoners lead fight for justice,liberation. // Green Left Weekly;3/28/2012, Issue 916, p18
The article discusses the Palestinian political prisoners who are fighting for the cause of justice and liberation. Hana Shalabi and Khader Adnan are some of them who went for hunger strikes and motivated other too in this revolution. They are fighting for recovery of the homeland, occupation...
- INSIDE BOMBERS ROW. Vollers, Maryanne // Time;11/13/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 20, p36
The article describes the Administrative Maximum U.S. Penitentiary (ADX) in Florence, Colorado, and problems there. The 600-acre complex houses prisoners from business swindlers to terrorist bombers. Problems include prisoner homicides, more restrictions on prisoners, understaffing, community...
- An afternoon at the New Bilibid Prison. PANGANIBAN, ARTEMIO V. // Filipino Reporter;8/15/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 37, p19
The author talks about his visit to the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) in Muntinlupa City, Philippines. Topics covered include his reaction to the high-walled and barbed-wired building for maximum-security inmates, the message he gave to prisoners about hope and the suffering experienced by those...