To Be Ethical Or Not To Be: An International Code Of Ethics For Leadership
- Gender Differences In Responses To Hypothetical Business Ethical Dilemmas By Business Undergraduates. Mclnerney, Margie L.; Mader, Deanna D.; Mader, Fred H. // Journal of Diversity Management;2010 First Quarter, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p37
Business leaders are often failing to display ethical behavior in business decisions. This paper examines the gender differences found in undergraduate business students when faced with ethical decision making dilemmas.
- stop the bitch wars! Hepola, Sarah // Glamour;Apr2011, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p248
The discusses steps that women can take to put an end to bitch culture. Women are urged to challenge themselves to be honest about what they think instead of putting on a phony face and back-biting. They should also understand that success is not a zero-sum game. In addition, women are advised...
- THE CHILDREN OF LIEUTENANT SCHMIDT OR THE RUSSIAN ART OF THE CON. Poroskov, Nikolai // Russian Life;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p58
Explores cheating in Russia. Notoriety of the character Ostap Bender from the Ilf and Petrov's novels; Expertise of the lokhotron; Aversion of Russian taxation authorities.
- SOME FACTORS INVOLVED IN JUDGING PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS. Dorcus, Roy M. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Aug26, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p502
The article discusses the factors considered in judging personal traits or characteristics. A study is undertaken on the factors involved in evaluating characteristics of an individual such as time factor and sex differences. The study involved the subjects being given a list of traits or...
- Character of Leadership. Gergen, David // Executive Excellence;May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p6
Presents the traits essential for a political leader. Possession of personal integrity; Importance of a sense of vision; Necessity of political capacity.
- Ten characteristics of a good leader. // Supervision;Feb92, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p26
Presents a list of characteristics which a good leader should possess. Persistence; Imagination; Vision; Sincerity; Integrity; Others.
- PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILES FOR PREDICTING LEADER PERFORMANCE. Csoka, Louis S. // Human Resource Management Review;Winter93, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p255
Deals with psychological profiles for predicting leader performance. Relationship between leader characteristics and leader effectiveness; Situational variables that affect leadership performance; Specification equations that differentiate between high and low performers.
- What does it take to make a leader? Willax, Paul A. // New Hampshire Business Review;04/20/2001-05/03/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p9
Presents the characteristics of a good leader. Possession of a vision; Commitment to doing the necessary; Courage to let others contribute to the process; Demonstration of a value system that can be personally related to members.
- 5 REASONS TORTURE IS ALWAYS WRONG. Gushee, David P. // Christianity Today;Feb2006, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p32
The article highlights several reasons why torture is always deemed wrong. The dignity of the human being is violated by the act. It does not treat vulnerable people right and it also violates the demands of justice. A torturer is being dehumanized by the act. The character of the nation that...