First Living Medal of Honor Recipient for Heroism in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Medal of honour. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/09/96, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p15
Reports on the efforts of retired colonel and Reform MP Jack Frazer to establish a Canadian Armed Forces peacekeeping medal. Frazer's assertion that the peacekeeping medal received from the United Nations is not enough; The possibility of Frazer's retirement before the bill is passed.
- On PARADE. // Medal News;Sep2013, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p44
The article presents questions and answers related to army medals including a silver medal pertaining to the Lancashire Fusiliers, a British infantry regiment, style of naming of a South Africa Medal, and a query about the World War II Indian Recruiting Badge.
- Cruz por la IntervenciÃ³n Francesa: Mexico's Decoration for the Fight Against the French Intervention, 1861-1867. de Quesada, Alejandro M. // Military Collector & Historian;Autumn2013, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p196
The article discusses Cross for the French intervention decoration authorized by Republic of Mexico to its officers.
- ARMY RESERVE SOLDIERS RETURNING HOME FROM IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN RECEIVE WELCOME HOME WARRIOR-CITIZEN HONOR. Schilf, Al // Army Reserve Magazine;Winter2005, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p19
The article reports on awards given to the U.S. Army Reserve Soldiers who are returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan freedom operations.
- Executive Order 13013--amending Executive Order No. 10163, the Armed Forces Reserve medal. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/12/96, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p1415
Presents the text of US President Bill Clinton's `Executive Order 13013--Amending Executive Order No. 10163, The Armed Forces Reserve Medal' on August 6, 1996. Requisites for receiving the medal; Number of medals which can be awarded; Appurtenance which comes with the awarding of the medal.
- Order of Precedence. // All Hands;Jan2010, Issue 1114, p26
A photograph of several military medals and ribbons is presented.
- Top maintenance units. // Army Magazine;Sep98, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p68
Announces recipients of the 1998 Army Chief of Staff Awards for Maintenance Excellence in various categories. Active Army Modified Table of Organization and Equipment (MTOE); Army MTOE; Army National Guard MTOE.
- Joint meritorious unit award to MI Battalion (Low Intensity). // Military Intelligence;Oct-Dec92, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p42
Announces the awarding of the Joint Meritorious Unit Award (JMUA) to the Military Intelligence (MI) Battalion Low Intensity (LI). Authorization to wear the JMUA ribbon; Citation statement; Accomplishment.
- The valour and the dollar. Sheremata, Davis // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;11/25/96, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p31
Details Don MacGregor's attempts to buy the medals his father, Jock MacGregor, won during two world wars. Why the medals were not sold at a Spink auction house in November 1996; The medals to be auctioned in March 1997; Others interested in the medals; The history of Jock MacGregor.
- Lost honour. Halliday, Hugh A. // Beaver;Aug/Sep93, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p22
Presents a history of the military service decoration known as the Canada medal. Opposition to creation of medal by senior Canadian Army Officers; Public announcement of medal's existence on October 17, 1943; Adequacy of British Commonwealth decorations.