Alternative Energy Exploration: An Overview
- Alternative Energy Exploration: An Overview. Issitt, Micah L.; Warhol, Tom // Points of View: Alternative Energy Exploration;3/1/2016, p1
The article presents an overview of alternative energy sources and alternative energy exploration in the U.S. It traces the history of the use of fossil fuels. An overview of the efforts for the U.S. to reduce its dependence on foreign oil is provided. Some of the alternative energy sources...
- CLEAN POWER. Carney, Elizabeth // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;9/18/2006, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p4
The article focuses on the development of alternative fuels to meet the world's growing demands for oil and gasoline. People are worried about the world's dependence on fossil fuels for several reasons, including the pollution they create. They are now looking for new, cleaner ways to power...
- Lafarge Cement trials sewage as fossil fuel. // Contract Journal;7/23/2003, Vol. 419 Issue 6436, p11
Reports on a demonstration being conducted by Lafarge Cement using processed sewage pellets as a sustainable alternative to fossil fuels as of July 2003. Cost of an enclosed system to handle the sewage pellets; Objective of the experiment; Statement issued by Ian Mycock, manager of Cauldon Works.
- Windy Province. // Natural Life;Sep/Oct2004, Issue 99, p26
Reports on the plans of the Province of Prince Edward Island (PEI) to introduce renewable tariffs in late 2004. Use of the tariffs to develop community-owned wind generation on the island; Potential of the plan to reduce PEI's reliance on fossil fuels and achieve a measure of energy...
- Fracking hailed as key to preserving fossil fuel dominance. Godrej, Dinyar // CCPA Monitor;Feb2014, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p12
The article focuses on the excessive reliance of Canada on fracking. The author states that its not an intelligent decision to concentrate only on fracking fossil fuels, rather than developing renewables. If the government continues to ignore the growth of renewables, then probably it may have...
- Fossil Fuels in the 21st Century. Lincoln, Stephen F. // AMBIO - A Journal of the Human Environment;Dec2005, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p621
An overview of the importance of fossil fuels in supplying the energy requirements of the 21st century, their future supply, and the impact of their use on global climate is presented. Current and potential alternative energy sources are considered. It is concluded that even with substantial...
- A GREENER GOTHAM. // National Geographic;Aug2005, Vol. 208 Issue 2, p28
Imagines New York City without fossil fuels. Depiction of how much space would go to energy production if New Yorkers picked a single clean technology to generate 60 percent of their electricity, the amount now produced by coal and natural gas; Why solar and wind need extra space.
- Turning Photons to Profits. Arroyo, Arnaldo // Equities;Mar2008, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p88
The article discusses alternative energy sources, as depletion of fossil fuel resources and increased oil and gas prices has continued to build demand. Globally, governments use financial incentives and other measures that will promote deployment of clean and renewable energy technologies. With...
- Where Energy Comes From. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);1/21/2002, Vol. 64 Issue 16, p3
Presents information on the sources of energy in the United States (U.S.). Examples of renewable sources; Percentage of the energy used in the U.S. that comes from fossil fuels.