KAREN LINKE. NACHT. CHANTIERS DE BERLIN
- Ten years after. // Defense Monitor;1999, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the tenth anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall in Germany.
- What it all means. // Defense Monitor;1999, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the implications of the fall of the Berlin Wall in Germany.
- WHEN GERMANY WAS DIVIDED. Foster, Renita // Soldiers;Aug2001, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p26
Relates the memories of Bob Hopkins, who served as a United States Army Intelligence Officer during the Cold War, to the Berlin Wall. His duties as an intelligence officer; Description of the Wall; Implications of the Berlin Wall.
- The Price of Freedom. Connelly, John // Commonweal;11/20/2009, Vol. 136 Issue 20, p10
The article discusses the events surrounding the fall of the Berlin Wall in November 1989. It describes the author's trip to Plauen after the East German border had fallen, and his investigation of the uprisings that had occurred there earlier in the year. He provides a perspective on the social...
- The Night the Wall Came Down. DE WIND, DORIAN // Moderate Voice;11/5/2014, p6
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of watching fall of the Berlin Wall in Berlin, Germany on November 9, 1989 on live television.
- Escaping Under the Berlin Wall. Klein, Klaus // Newsweek;3/8/1999, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p55
Presents recollections of an escape from East Berlin, Germany, in October 1964. Receipt of a message about a tunnel under the Berlin Wall; Journey through the tunnel with a small child; Experience of freedom.
- The Berlin Wall. McGill, Sara Ann // Berlin Wall;2009, p1
Presents a brief overview of the history of the Berlin Wall. Division of Germany by the Allies following World War II; Immigration of East Germans to West Berlin in order to escape the Communist occupation; Details of the construction and fortification of the wall; Demolition of the wall in...
- Beyond the Fall. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);2/7/2000, Issue 5, p32
Presents several photographs by Pulitzer-Prize winning `Time' photographer Anthony Suau, who chronicles the changing world of Eastern and Central Europeans after the 1989 fall of the Berlin Wall in Germany.
- Germany's Search for a National Holiday. Grosser, Katie // Skipping Stones;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p26
The article reports on the issue concerning the official national holiday in Germany. It notes that national holiday in the country is celebrated during October 3, the time when the five member states of the old German Democratic Republic (GDR) united with the Federal Republic of Germany....