- Fariba Gartland leads plant upgrades at Areva. // Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology;Winter2014/Spring2015, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p62
The article focuses on Fariba Gartland, deputy vice president of plant upgrades and major projects at nuclear and renewable energy supplier Areva Inc., who leads the improvements at company's nuclear plant. It states that Gartland started on a nuclear plant construction project in Georgia that...
- I&C Update on Plant Vogtle Units 3 and 4. Flowers, James H. // Power;Feb2011, Vol. 155 Issue 2, p36
The article presents information related to the design of Instrumentation and Control (I&C) of units 3 and 4 of Vogtle Electric Generating Station of Southern Nuclear Operating Co. It has been stated that these are the first new nuclear power plant units in the U.S. in decades. It has been...
- Kudankulam: Nuke Dream and Manufactured Consent. Lal, Amrith // India -- West;4/6/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 20, pA8
The author focuses on a nuclear plant which is being planned to be developed in Kudankulam, Tamil Nadu, India. The supplies for the plant will be provided by Russia for which a meeting was held between Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Efimovich Fradkov and CII-Russia Committee chairman Shiv Vikram...
- WEB POLL. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/25/2011, p30
The article presents the result of a survey which shows that 54 percent of respondents support the construction of a nuclear power plant in Fresno, California.
- Choosing the route for advanced plant designs. // Electric Perspectives;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p5
Announces the Advanced Reactor Corporation's plans to negotiate contracts with the Department of Energy (DOE), General Electric (GE) and Westinghouse Electric. Performing `first-of-a-kind' (FOAK) engineering requirement; Each company's standardized plant design proposal; GE's Advanced Boiling...
- Russia agrees to build two more reactors at Bushehr. // Modern Power Systems;Apr98, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p3
Reports that the Russian government has agreed to build two more nuclear reactors for Iran. Terms of agreement; Reaction of the United States to the agreement.
- TVA may cancel three units. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/15/94, Vol. 233 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the status of three nuclear plants under construction by the Tennessee Valley Authority in Tennessee and Alabama.
- LEARN PAST NUCLEAR LESSONS. // Professional Engineering;11/1/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p5
The article encourages utilities planning to build nuclear power stations in Great Britain.
- Russian partners to aid U.S. firms in developing space reactors. Henderson, Breck W. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/22/1992, Vol. 136 Issue 25, p26
Outlines the contracts let by the US Energy Dept. to Space Power Inc., San Jose, Calif., and Rocketdyne Div. of Rockwell International for competing designs for a US thermionic space nuclear power supply. Russian partners to perform major roles;Contracts worth $22 million to each company;...