Stem cell research benefits business
- NIH grants add up for Ohio small businesses. Pettypiece, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p35
The article reports that Ohio companies received$ 15.7 million of Small Businesses Innovation Research grants from National Institute of Health (NIH) in 2004. That figure is down from$ 19.3 million in 2003, but still ranked the state 10 in the nation for the amount of small business grants...
- Research & Markets: Stem Cells Research - 2011 Global Strategic Business Report. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/21/2011, p965
The article lists several companies included in the report analyzing the market for stem cells research in the U.S.
- Stem-Cell Support. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p33
Reports on the likely support of the Californians to a bond measure to fund stem cell research.
- Liberal reading of Bush edict gives US stem cell researchers more freedom. Cohen, Philip // New Scientist;8/17/2002, Vol. 175 Issue 2356, p15
Reports the interpretation of the rules governing federal funding of embryonic stem cell research in the U.S. Announcement on the use of federal funds; Availability of cell lines; Clarification of the stem line rule by the National Health Institute.
- Registries and banks. // Nature Cell Biology;Feb2008, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p111
The author comments on the establishment and goals of the Human Embryonic Stem Cell Registry in the U.S. and Europe. The author relates that registry aims to identify human stem cell lines eligible for federal funding and provide information in acquiring them. The author expresses that the...
- Comp guaranty fund facing shortfall. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;8/5/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the implications of financial troubles and bankruptcies among companies on the state fund of California. Payment of assessments by compensations of the workers; Participation of private employers in the fund; Formation of Self&Insurance Guaranty Funds of America. INSET: Funds for...
- 500 business people descend on Albany. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p37
Reports on business developments in New York as of April 2002. Increase number of participants for the 2002 Small Business Day; Proposal of expanding the state Excelsior Linked Deposit Program; Disappointment of the legislators on the fiscal budget.
- Prepare to Pony Up Big Money. // Business News New Jersey;4/29/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p14
Focuses on the proposed budget increase in New Jersey. Impact of the plan on the business enterprises; Deduction for the cost of goods sold; Elimination of jobs.
- State Bestows Stem Cell Funds. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;7/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p33
The article reports on the $24 million in grants awarded to the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine researchers in San Diego, California. The grant from a governing board with California's stem cell research agency, will fund studies on specific diseases and injuries for human...