One wall falls, others rise
- Celebrating 25 Years of the Fall of the Berlin Wall and the Peaceful Revolution. // Travel Agent;5/19/2014 Supplement Destination Germany, Vol. 344, p12
The article offers information on the different activities and events that will be featured in the 25th anniversary celebration of the Peaceful Revolution and the Fall of the Berlin Wall in Germany on October 9, 2014.
- Cake to commemorate Berlin Wall destruction. Levina, Yelena // Pipe Dream;11/ 6/2009, Vol. 76 Issue 17, p4
The article mentions the anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, which has been in people's memory for 20 years.
- Monument to Repression. // Time;8/24/1981, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p33
The article mentions on the 21st anniversary of the 103-mile long concrete wall put up by the East Germany, which is popularly known as Berlin Wall.
- Wall remains, not in stone but in spirit. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;11/6/2009, Vol. 412 Issue 11, p44
The article mentions the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall in Berlin, Germany.
- Walls of shame, destined to fail. Steikunaite, Giedre // New Internationalist;Jul2011, Issue 444, p12
The article discusses the history of walls, addressing the November 2009 anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall and the Apartheid Wall separating Israel from the West Bank. The author suggests that walls represent a dangerous political mentality and describes several historical wall barriers...
- Behind Berlin's and Israel's walls. Kampmark, Binoy // Eureka Street;8/26/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p24
The article discusses the concept behind the Berlin Wall in Germany and Israel Wall. It reveals that the construction of the wall serves as the symbolic site of conflict between global ideologies and systems, and an actual manifestation of brutal state fear. In addition, the Israelis believe...
- German politician rues comparing Israel's security fence to Berlin Wall. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;9/3/2015, p1
(JTA) -- A German politician has backpedaled on remarks comparing Israel's security fence to the Berlin Wall.
- Reading Mirrors: Reception of the Israeli Wall in the German Media, 2003-2004. Bikard, Arielle Fridson // German Politics & Society;4/1/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p25
In what way does national history shape the interpretation of international events in that country's media? Germany has always had a particularly sensitive and complex relationship with Israel. The Holocaust left such a scar on German identity that the country cannot consider Israel without...
- The wall anniversary celebrations. // Conference & Incentive Travel;Jul/Aug2009, p52
The article offers information on several events to mark the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall in Germany. The Festival of Freedom will include concerts a street party that will end in re-enactment of the wall's collapse. Several museums have planned to conduct special events like...