Tough Times Bring New Challenges for Medicare
- Analyze Your ABN Know-How With This 3 Part Challenge. // Health Information Compliance Alert;May2012, Vol. 12 Issue 5, pp36
The article presents questions and answers related to advance beneficiary notices (ABNs) in the U.S. which include the meaning of ABN, the ABN improper circumstances, and the ways to use modifiers GA, GY and GZ in ABN.
- Dollars $$ Sense. Nikjeh, Dee Adams // Perspectives on Voice & Voice Disorders;Jul2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p54
The article presents questions and answers related to Medicare billing, including the qualification of a provider, when a Medicare beneficiary can be billed directly for services, and the need for university clinics to follow the Medicare student supervision rule.
- The Mailbag. // HR Specialist: Ohio Employment Law;Apr2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p8
The article presents questions and answers on topics related to employee management, including the correction of minor errors in Form I-9, whether the company should require a dressed that would hide the upper arm tattoo of an employee, and whether an employer can require an eligible employee to...
- 3 Answers Help Ease Your ABN Coding Questions. // Part B Insider;Apr2012, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p100
The article presents questions and answers related to advance beneficiary notices (ABNs) in the U.S., how to let patients understand the scope of the ABN, the circumstances on the improper use of ABN and the incorporation of modifiers GA, GY and GZ and ABN.
- The 5 Percent Transaction. Baird, Jeffrey S. // HomeCare Magazine;Oct2014, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses how a noncontract supplier can add the Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN) to a competitive bid contract after a five percent transaction. It highlights regulatory issues to be considered by the supplier before a five percent transaction, mentions how a commonly owned...
- Face-to-face service can 'establish' a patient. Self, Don // Geriatrics;Apr2008, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p32
The article presents questions and answers related to geriatrics practice including the nature of the clinic visit of a Medicare patient who was seen in the hospital by the physician, how to bill a patient who requested a second opinion from another physician in the same group as her first...
- Study shows gap in care for discharged patients. // Hospital Peer Review;Jun2009, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p73
The article discusses research being done on the rehospitalization of Medicare beneficiaries in the U.S., published in the April 2009 issue of the "New England Journal of Medicine."
- Medicare Enters the Era Of Presbyopia Lenses. McCune, Donna // Review of Ophthalmology;Apr2006 Part 1 Of 2, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p24
The article presents questions and answers related to Medicare's compensation benefits on presbyopia lenses. One question asked about Medicare's consideration on presbyopia-correcting lenses as a new technology. It was noted that that patients will pay additional charges for new technology...
- Coding Q&A. // Revenue Cycle Strategist;Jun2010, p4
The article provides answers to the questions of how to obtain an advance beneficiary notice (ABN) from a Medicare beneficiary, what an ABN must include to be valid, and how to report it for accurate processing by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).