Safer Sex in the High School History Classroom
- Sex Education in School. // America;2/3/1968, Vol. 118 Issue 5, p140
The author reflects on the offering of sex education programs in school in the U.S. It states that the U.S. government, churches and the public are expressing their enthusiasm for the sex education program in all levels. The author suggests that before the program be implemented in schools there...
- Morality and Public School Speech: Balancing the Rights of Students, Parents, and Communities. Jenkins, Peter L. // Brigham Young University Law Review;2008, Vol. 2008 Issue 2, p593
The article explores the need to balance the rights of students, parents and communities in relation to the issue of morality and public schools speech in the U.S. It examines the idea that schools must be free to make moral decisions in curriculum choices and argues that courts are poor fora in...
- Sex education - premature and pernicious. Brooke, Amy // Investigate;Dec2010, Vol. 10 Issue 119, p68
The article offers the author's insights regarding the sex education curriculum of the Ministry of Education in New Zealand. She discusses the competence among teachers to teach students with information towards sex, its moral or ethical values. She contends that the ministry's "Inclusive...
- Text of Secretary Bennett's 'James Madison High School'. // Education Week;1/13/1988, Vol. 7 Issue 15/16, p27
An excerpt from the paper "James Madison High School," written by United States Education Secretary William J. Bennett which highlight proposed changes on secondary education curriculum.
- WALKING THE DEMOCRATIC TALK: INTRODUCTION TO A SPECIAL ISSUE ON COLLABORATIVE RULE-MAKING AS PREPARATION FOR DEMOCRATIC CITIZENSHIP. Effrat, Andrew; Schimmel, David // American Secondary Education;Summer2003, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p3
Introduces a series of articles concerning secondary education in the U.S., published in the summer 2003 special edition of the periodical 'American Secondary Education.' Character of the informal or hidden curriculum in schools; Challenges encountered in the implementation of Collaborative...
- High School Curriculum in Illinois. Humm, William; Buser, Robert L. // Educational Leadership;May80, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p670
Discusses results of a survey on the high school course offerings in the 1976-1977 school year in Illinois. Subject offerings; Enrollments; Course offerings.
- Independent Study: Route to Academic Equity for Rural High Schools. Joiner, Lee Marvin; Silverstein, Burton J.; Clay, Michael B. // Educational Leadership;Apr81, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p578
Deals with the use of computers and correspondence courses by small high schools in the U.S. to diversify their curriculums. Kinds of delivery systems; Costs of the use of computers and correspondence courses in schools; Explanation for the lack of discipline problems among students in the use...
- Interdisciplinary instruction. Castanos, Janet // Thrust for Educational Leadership;Apr97, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p33
Focuses on the interdisciplinary, integrated curriculum implemented in California's secondary schools. Emphasis on the integration of subject areas into the planning procedure; Need for students to understand the relationship between classroom learning and real world experiences; Student...
- Untitled. // New Yorker;6/26/1978, Vol. 54 Issue 19, p79
An excerpt from the notice distributed at the J. Eugene McAteer High School, about the changes in the time schedule of some classes is presented.