CLIMATE ACTION RESERVE RELEASES DRAFT COMPOSTING PROTOCOL
- SOUTHWEST. Dromgoole, John // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jan89, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p90
Presents tips on indoor composting during winter in the Southwest. Materials needed; Kitchen scraps that can be used; Supply of fresh air to the compost; Layering of compost in buckets.
- Controlled Composting In Developing Countries. Pereira-Neto, Joao Tinoco // BioCycle;Feb2001, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p84
Presents information on controlled composting technology and techniques for developing nations which were developed at the University of Vicosa in Vicosa, Brazil. Objectives and strategies; Application of the low-cost compost concept; Details on a case study in Coimbra, Brazil; Operations at...
- Composting volumes up 23 percent. // Natural Life;Sep/Oct99, Issue 69, p10
Reports on the amount of organic materials composted by Canadians in 1998. Statistics provided by the Composting Council of Canada; Number of backyard composters and centralized composting operations; Background information on the council; Contact information.
- WINTER COMPOST. // Organic Gardening (08973792);Nov90, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p27
Answers a question about composting in winter. Better insulation against the elements; Tips for homeowners; Composting of food waste during the winter; Recommendation of the Green Cone, an insulated compost bin available from Solarcone Inc.; Contact information.
- Easy Shredding. Olson, Jeanne // Organic Gardening (08973792);Feb89, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p85
Describes the author's technique for shredding leaves. Requirement of a lawn mower and a garden fence; Recommendation of dry leaves for easier chopping; Piling of chopped leaves against the fence where they can easily be raked into a pile for fast composting.
- COMPOSTING SITE PROCESSES VEGETATIVE FOOD RESIDUALS. // BioCycle;Jun2001, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on Nature's Needs, a compost site in Portland, Oregon. Amount of compostable feedstock that the site receives from restaurants and produce terminals; Composting process at the site; Cost of finished compost from the site.
- Cut waste in half. Hely, Susan // Money (Australia Edition);Apr2008, Issue 100, p28
The article discusses how to cut waste by using a compost bin and a worm farm. It is noted that for an average Australian's domestic waste, around 30% is food materials and another 25% is from the garden. Both these can be feed into compost bins and worm farms, where it is broken down into...
- Compost 101. Sullivan, Dan // Organic Gardening (08973792);Apr2001, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p36
Provides information on making composts. Components of a compost; Signs of a perfect pile; Things that do not work in the compost pile.
- Your Compost Corner. Shockley, Candace // Children's Digest;Mar2000, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p14
Presents steps on how to construct a compost pile.
- Collecting and composting food residuals. Croteau, Gerry; Steuteville, Rob // BioCycle;Aug95, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p77
Part II. Focuses on the challenges and solutions of managing commercial food residuals for composting operations. Categories of food residual generators; Site and material preparation; Composting trials; Monitoring of process controls including the maintenance of aerobic conditions; Production...