Israel's War Against the Palestinians
- Blaming Israel. // Commentary;Feb1984, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p29
After a period of intense political turmoil, Israel appears to be momentarily outside the eye of the storm. Relations with the U.S. are improving. A historical look at Israel's activities and its relations with the rest of the world and how the press has reported it.
- How not to occupy the West Bank. // Commentary;Apr86, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p15
No abstract available.
- A false start in the Middle East. Rostow, E.V. // Commentary;Oct89, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p24
Covers the failure of the United Nations Security Council Resolutions 242 and 338 to bring peace between Israel and its neighbors. West Bank settlements; Arab-Israeli conflict.
- Israel's peace clock drags. Battersby, John // Christian Science Monitor;1/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 29, p6
Discusses the problems facing Israel's peace accords with the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and Syria. Reaction of the Government officials of Israel and the PLO to the problems.
- Israel says wall must separate Palestinians. // Christian Science Monitor;1/25/95, Vol. 87 Issue 41, p7
Reports on the Israeli suggestion of physical separation between them and the Palestinians as means to end violence between the two. Details of the same.
- Syrian and Israeli army chiefs. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David; Nordahl, Peter E. // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/95, Vol. 87 Issue 137, p2
Informs about a meeting between Syrian and Israeli army chiefs to be held in Washington on June 27, 1995, to talk on security arrangements in a peace deal between the two nations.
- Rabin's task: The settlers. // Christian Science Monitor;6/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 149, p20
Editorial. Focuses on the territorial dispute between Israel and Palestine and the role of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin in settling the issue. Importance of July 1, 1995 in clearing the path for the elections in Gaza and West Bank; Settlers issue and land seizures; Hopes on the future...
- Job-seeking Palestinians pierce Israel's barriers. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;11/19/96, Vol. 88 Issue 248, p6
Reports that Palestinians from the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip find ways to circumvent Israeli authorities and enter the country to sell goods. Information on economic conditions of Palestinians; Palestinian interpretation of closure of Israeli border.
- Israel's Netanyahu does about-face on peace stance. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;1/15/97, Vol. 89 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the expected finalization of the deal between Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestine leader Yasser Arafat, regarding Hebron in Israel. Expected date of conclusion; Featured role of the United States in the Hebron deal; Where the concluding summit was to be held;...
- Mideast peace process pivots on US role. Landay, Jonathan S. // Christian Science Monitor;1/22/97, Vol. 89 Issue 39, p4
Reports that the peace process between Israel and Palestine on Israel's pullout from Hebron, is pivoting on the role of the United States. Concerns expressed by political analysts; Comments of United States special envoy, Dennis Ross; Issues to be discussed during the final status talks.